Please note that we are now formally recommending that you upgrade to PHP 5.4 or newer. Our intention with XenForo 2.0 is to require PHP 5.4 or newer. If you are running PHP 5.3 or 5.2, you will receive a warning when installing or upgrading XenForo.
Some of the bugs fixed in 1.5.5 include:
- Fix an issue where logging in via Facebook would immediately log you out again
- Prevent a database error when using the IP Board 4.0/4.1 importer with a IPB 4.1 database
- Resolve a timeout when dealing with long data URLs
- No longer require a Facebook App ID to be configured to display Open Graph metadata
- Workaround for a PHP 7.0.0 / 7.0.1 bug (fixed in 7.0.2) which causes a "Invalid numeric literal" error to be thrown on some [PHP]
- Fix for "Undefined index: associate_account" error
- Fix for a potential race condition involving G+ button if it hasn't loaded (or has been blocked)
- Fix for an "array to string conversion" error in fb_channel.php
- Workaround for an issue with pasted content being distorted when pasting from Microsoft Edge
- Fix for an issue which clears custom field values from a form after returning to it after an error (such as registration)
- Implement retrieving saved draft messages from the "Reply to Thread" page
- Implement an option to prevent sending mass messages (conversations) via the control panel to users that don't want to receive emails from the admin
- Force rebuild of rebuilding the add-ons cache after changing an add-ons addon_id
- More consistent ordering of a users's IP addresses in the control panel
- Skip email_bounce and email_confirm(_edit) states if a user has just reset their password
- Include thread prefix in subject of thread watch emails
- Resolve an inconsistency with use of ISO-8601 weeks and years causing a display glitch in the Weekly Statistics chart
The following templates have had changes:
All customers with active licenses may now download the new version from the customer area.
This release follows our principle that third-point (x.x.X) releases should always be more stable than the preceding version, so for the most part you will not find new features in this release. Major new features will be reserved for second point versions (x.X.x).
Installation and Upgrade Instructions
Full details for how to install and upgrade XenForo can be found in the XenForo Manual.