Xenforo 1.2

You cannot. Upgrading the first installation without an up to date license would be breaking the terms of your license agreement.
Actually, you probably could - but there would be a lot of hoop jumping to do.
Take the new 1.2 forum offline (not accessible).
Export your 1.1.x DB and copy your 1.1.x forum structure to a backup location.
Transfer your current valid license to reflect the old forum.
Upgrade that old forum to 1.2 (which license has been moved from B to A).
Take the old (now upgraded forum) offline.
Go back into the Customer Panel at xenForo and transfer the domain for that license back to your first 1.2 valid domain.
Drop the DB for the old forum and then import your backed up DB from the 1.1.x install and copy the backed up structure back over (after deleting all the 1.2 files in the upgraded 1.1.x directory). ** Only if you are going to keep the original 1.1.x forum up and running **
Re-enable the original 1.2 forum.
Import the DB.

I'm pretty sure (but it would need to be clarified with @Kier, @Ashley or @Mike) that would be a valid process since you only have one domain active at that time using the 1.2.x code.

Code:
Before deploying the Software, you must register in the XenForo.com customer area the address (URL) at which You will use the License. This URL must be kept up-to-date. You may create a single additional test installation for the purpose of testing the Software. Any test installation of this kind must be password protected, and access to it must be limited to You and Your website staff.

Last edited:
Actually, you probably could - but there would be a lot of hoop jumping to do.
Take the new 1.2 forum offline (not accessible).
Export your 1.1.x DB and copy your 1.1.x forum structure to a backup location.
Transfer your current valid license to reflect the old forum.
Upgrade that old forum to 1.2 (which license has been moved from B to A).
Take the old (now upgraded forum) offline.
Go back into the Customer Panel at xenForo and transfer the domain for that license back to your first 1.2 valid domain.
Drop the DB for the old forum and then import your backed up DB from the 1.1.x install and copy the backed up structure back over (after deleting all the 1.2 files in the upgraded 1.1.x directory). ** Only if you are going to keep the original 1.1.x forum up and running **
Renable the original 1.2 forum.
Import the DB.

I'm pretty sure (but it would need to be clarified with @Kier, @Ashley or @Mike) that would be a valid process since you only have one domain active at that time using the 1.2.x code.

Code:
Before deploying the Software, you must register in the XenForo.com customer area the address (URL) at which You will use the License. This URL must be kept up-to-date. You may create a single additional test installation for the purpose of testing the Software. Any test installation of this kind must be password protected, and access to it must be limited to You and Your website staff.
Agree. Actually XenForo allow 1 private installation (for development/testing). If he does not want to use old domain anymore, he could make it private and upgrade it to 1.2 and act as development forum.

Agree. Actually XenForo allow 1 private installation (for development/testing). If he does not want to use old domain anymore, he could make it private and upgrade it to 1.2 and act as development forum.
Here I am making it complicated and you want to make it easy. :ROFLMAO:
I hadn't thought about doing that - just assumed he would want to keep the original forum going.

Also how would I stop multiple user registrations and what if someone just keeps using VPN and creates accounts when he is banned.

Is there anyway to stop that?

Top Bottom