XF 1.2 Xenforo 1.2 User group / Permissions

Deddy

Hi All,

Can someone explain to me about the Usergroup settings and permissions. I'm a bit confused.

In order to set a user to be a moderator. Do I set a user to join the moderating user group? or I just add the username within the add moderator section of Node Permission ?

Can I create a specific user group to hold a moderating permission of a specifc node? Eg. User Group Moderator Forum A, User Group Moderator Forum B. That way I can assign a user to a specific user group for the user to access moderating tool of the specific forum ?

Thx

Moderators must be explicitly set as moderators, either globally or per node.
The user group can be used for styling and to assign base permissions.

I see but user groups has Moderator permission properties too, in what case does the usergroup moderator permission properties
gets factored in?

Moderators must be explicitly set as moderators, either globally or per node.

Global Moderator means the user is set as a super moderator?

Hi Brogan, I've did some test on my xenforo 1.2 install locally. I created a user and assign the user as a moderator through the node permission, this way I can intricately give permission to specific forum that I enable the user to moderate. Once I delete the node permission for the user and assign the user to the moderating user group, the user are able to moderate board wide. Would I be able to assign the node permission to a user group thereby minimizing configuration of specific moderating permission for new moderator?

Would I be able to assign the node permission to a user group thereby minimizing configuration of specific moderating permission for new moderator?
Yes, as I explained in my first post:
So set the permissions in the Moderating user group that you want all moderators to have, global and content (forum) moderators.

Top Bottom