XenForo 1.1 BETA 4 to MyBB 1.6.4

karoshio

Does anyone know if anyone has performed a successful conversion of XenForo 1.1 to MyBB 1.6? I am in need of this so I can free up my license for another forum I have currently running IP.Board. Any information would be appreciated.

I would love to but being 17 with Christmas coming up and a 1 month holiday I just can't afford it so really this is my only option and I feel XenForo is perfect for my admin community.

It may sound business ish, but I think it may actually better than trying to migrate..... I could well be wrong ;)

You own AdminCentral, right? Aren't you developing your own forum software? Why not wait until that's ready and showcase your software by using it on your sites? :)

I thought the XenForo community might be more knowledgeable on this. :)

Yes, that's correct Azhria lilu but the software as you know is made to be simple. It's not something so much aimed at full community driven websites, maybe a future possibility. :)
Plus, I love XenForo :D

I have also figured out how to do this.
XenForo - IP.Board 3.2 - MyBB
Than
IP.Board 3.2 - MyBB - IP.Board 3.1 - XenForo

This won't be fun, but well worth it.

I thought the XenForo community might be more knowledgeable on this. :)

Yes, that's correct Azhria lilu but the software as you know is made to be simple. It's not something so much aimed at full community driven websites, maybe a future possibility. :)
Plus, I love XenForo :D

hehehe fair enough :D

I have also figured out how to do this.
XenForo - IP.Board 3.2 - MyBB
Than
IP.Board 3.2 - MyBB - IP.Board 3.1 - XenForo

This won't be fun, but well worth it.
Oh I dunno... maybe I'm just weird, but I actually enjoy doing that kind of stuff :D

AFAIK MyBB's conversion system (or the merge system) doesn't support IPB 3.x, they only support the 2.x, but I could be wrong.

Aw man I wished I checked their SVN before I made a long conversion (IPB to vB to MyBB) LOL. Anyway. Looks good. Great work.

Top Bottom