• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[XenFarjad] Donations

This doesn't make sense. Your instructions in Options say to point to a donate page. WHAT DONATE PAGE? No such page is part of the installation, so what should I be pointing to?

Sigh.... we were so close to getting a much needed addon. I can't even pay to get someone to build a donation app I want. What happened to the bad economy! lol
Weird.
Very Weird.
Unsupported addons seem to be creeping into the future (Xenforo) as they were in the past (vBulletin).

It doesn't help when you are confronted with a product with poor instructions, and no support whatever from the coder when it doesn't work or you have a problem.

Then again, I tried another Donation add-on here, and it didn't work either.

It doesn't help when you are confronted with a product with poor instructions, and no support whatever from the coder when it doesn't work or you have a problem.

Then again, I tried another Donation add-on here, and it didn't work either.

Farjad was last seen Sep 17, 2011
Maybe he´s busy, maybe not...

I think when someone writes an add-on, they need to understand that they may have to provide support from time to time. Or just don't do it.

I think when someone writes an add-on, they need to understand that they may have to provide support from time to time. Or just don't do it.
Since when? Just because you want the addon? If you are looking for a donate addon you should use the request forum.
This is a free Addon section where everybody can release his/her ideas. There is no rule what a releaser has to do.
Probably the best will be if the Addons Sections would be changed that way every Coder can add " Supported" "Not Supported"
But thats not the right place to discuss that.

I think if you expect people to take the time to install your add-on, at least consider supporting it to the extent of cleaning up bugs. I agree that a "Supported" or "Not Supported" label would be appropriate, so the potential user understands the risk.

So I installed this and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to setup goals and whatnot?

I set myself as a donation manager in the admin perms and all that. I just can't seem to find any way to add goals or otherwise configure the mod outside of the handful of options in the adminCP.

is this worth installing or is there too many issues/bugs?

I am not sure if there are a lot of bugs or issues, but the addon is lacking is some feature that I would like to see. I had thought about taking this on, but we are in deep on our forms addon.

While I see your point I think the leechers on these types of sites have it way too easy. It's easy to sit back and click to download things for your site did you spare any thought for the time the developer/coder has already spent away from his friends and family to make this for you - hell I bet you didn't even donate to him to thank him.

They are under no obligation to do everything for you. They can't hold your hand and do your forums for you - if you wanted that you should just give your site to him to own. People need to learn how to look at templates/phrases etc themselves to try and see if they can fix the problem rather than relying 100% on the developer.

Until you start donating to each add-on you download you are entitled to nothing in ways of support. You get what you pay for, you want to be cheap you get cheap support. Maybe the developer hasn't been online for a while because he has to go and work a full time job to support his family, and no one donated to him for his mods and he like the rest of us has bills to pay?!?

In my case, I have donated to some of the people who develop these things. But it doesn't guarantee continued support. And those who cannot continue should at least explain the situation and move on. That may encourage those with the time and ability to take it over.

Quit a lot addons are not supported anymore with no given Reason. Well you are right.At least they could write why.
For Users like me, without any coding knowledge, it is of vital importance to have developers around.
But nothing we should discuss in this thread.

I´ve just deleted the Mod, which is in a case a shame cause i liked the way it worked....

Quit a lot addons are not supported anymore with no given Reason. Well you are right.At least they could write why.
For Users like me, without any coding knowledge, it is of vital importance to have developers around.
But nothing we should discuss in this thread.

I´ve just deleted the Mod, which is in a case a shame cause i liked the way it worked....

That's the rist of free addons..
If I may suggest you our addon: http://www.mercenarydesign.com.au/threads/donation-manager-1-0.26/

It's paid, I know, but we won't stop supporting it and there's already an update coming tomorrow :)

Pretty useless for me when there's no option for my members to fill inn any random amount. If I tell them what they must pay, then the definition of "donation" is a bit misleading.

Pretty useless for me when there's no option for my members to fill inn any random amount. If I tell them what they must pay, then the definition of "donation" is a bit misleading.

*Cough* check the link I posted above *Cough*

Not sure if you have things set up differently but mine is a completely flexible amount that each user inputs himself.

Top Bottom