• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[XenFans] Let's get started .. (for 0 posters) [Template Modification]

• Thread starter Thread starter Floris
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's using the default xenforo importantMessage class, close the board for a second and load it, does the style also show white font, or is it black in the 'the board is closed' msg (should show above the blocks in your screenshot).

When you hover over the register link, and then you right click > copy link as .. what does the link say?

great man i love it!!!

although i need some help to change the font color here
OXc

the background fonts are too white (also Upload avatar)
in EXTRA.css add the following:

Code:
.importantMessage {
color:@primaryDark;
}

I think this should work. I also personally added box shadow to mine

http://www.are-you-interested.com/register/

But it just pops up the drop-down, instead of linking to the page itself.
I mean the page at domain.com/register

Besides this, is there a chance to remove this header from the Register-page ?

Ah, I thought you already removed the label .. it's in the current dev board working

<label..> link here </label>

remove that from around the register link, the label opening and closing tag, and it wont trigger js

Hey Floris,

usually a user is immediately entering whether he is male/female, so there is only the button for "Upload your Avatar" available.
How do I add an additional button next to the "male/female"-button, which links to the User-Profile-page (Personal Details) ?

Or have the wording "complete your profile" as a button and link to the user´s Profile-page ?

This template modification is a demo of how it is done. So it should now be pretty straight forward.

If you have

<this is a link tag, linking to this page>with this title</end link tag>
you can make this:

<this is a link tag, linking to THISOTHER page>with THISOTHER title</end link tag>
<this is a link tag, linking to THAT page>with THAT title</end link tag>

I hope you see the pattern.

<xen:if is="!{$visitor.gender}"> <span class="xenfans_welcome"><a href="{xen:link account/personal-details}" class="concealed">Select Gender ..</a></label> </xen:if>

Behind this, you could just add a link with text, without a conditional (since you are not checking against anything at this point to show the button)

<a href="{xen:link SOMEPAGE}" class="concealed">Complete Profile ..</a>

replace select gender with complete profile
and then link to the page where you think they should go to complete their profile.

I guess there is no chance to remove this custom-header from the register-page ?
An if conditional around all of this is needed to not show it on the register page. I don't have experience yet with how to do that. As per the lawsuit against them this IS 100% vBulletin, so maybe THIS_SCRIPT == 'register' might work. ;) (that's a joke .. it won't.)

An equivlant however could perhaps be available, I am not aware of it.

The next version will have an option to say, don't show to users with less than x posts.

If you already want to use this, because maybe you don't want to show it to long term members, the second block in the list has a conditional llike this

<xen:if is="!{$isAwaitingEmailConfirmation} AND {$visitor.user_id}">

replace it with this

<xen:if is="!{$isAwaitingEmailConfirmation} AND {$visitor.user_id} AND {$visitor.message_count} < 5">

The number 5 at the end means, users with 1,2,3,4 posts will see it, 5 or more, won't.

The benefit: dont' bother long term users, limit it to newbs with no posts.

Please carefully read what it does in the first post.
The conditionals around each block explains it.

The users with no avatar and/or no gender selected shows to members,
the users with confirmed accounts and no posts, get invited to introduce themselves.

The thought here is that users who do introduce themselves go back and then no longer get the buttons to the avatar upload, etc and will go 'hey where those go' .. this gives them up to 5 posts to still show the buttons. The block for 'introduce yourself' goes away as soon as they have 1 post.

Very nice floris, but the notice doesn't go away until you've actually done what it asks. I propose putting an "x" in the corners of the notice window, so members can close it if they choose not to do the tasks displayed.

Can you do something about the avatar request, I've posted nearly 700 times on my site, when removing my current avatar back to the default one, it asks me to select an avatar, not everyone likes to have an avatar.. :|

I dislike adding cookies into the pool just for that. The blocks go away once the user hits 5 posts, once it's a plugin the admin can set this to 1 post or 2 posts or 50. The template version is hardcoded.

hmm what if the user makes a post somewhere else than Introduction section?

The Introduction message disappears right ?

In my opinion xenforo is about the avatar. It is such a huge thing in the thread list, the posts, the overviews, the lists, etc, that the majority should have one to be personal. Rather than a name. If they desire to not have one they can make 5 posts, the request will go away. A few posts above this one it lists how to extend the conditional with < 5

hmm what if the user makes a post somewhere else than Introduction section?

The Introduction message disappears right ?

Correct, it checks against post count. They can post on topic - or make a new one. The point is that new users get provoked to become part of the community. They can click on what's new and participate. They can click on forums and create new content. Or they have a short cut to introducing themselves to get started. Usually an introduction leads to friendship, a warm welcome, and the user comes back to check - finds new content and is more provoked to participate. Inviting them to say hi, helps make that step.

You can obvvvvviously change it from lets introduce yourself to 'start a support ticket', or 'submit your first post about the car you own' or 'read our forum rules'

It's just html/text, so you can change it. You can even show a banner in there by adding the HTML, with a msg 'banner goes away after a post' ..

You can also change the post conditional to == 100
and give them a link to the site shop saying: omg, 100 posts! you get 100 discount on our computer, click here..

Like I said, it's just a demo showing how I have done it, but learns users how to re-apply it for their site, for their desired content.

Your mod/edit is way cool man i was just wondering if there was any trick about the specific matter!!

Anyhow! If you release a mod for it, another cool feature you could add is for hiding the ads, like if the user id is premium or something no ads will appear! ;)
or u can give them the option to choose between a post count cap till the ads vanish, like users that have more than 500 posts wont be able to see any ads :)

Keep it up !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom