[XenConcept] User Activity

[XenConcept] User Activity [Paid] 2.2.2

No permission to buy ($20.00)
I'm not sure what the issue is, but every time I enable this addon my site goes completely offline - the login page will load but nothing else, I just get white page and an http error 500. I disabled all other addon's and still have the same problem. Has anyone else reported something similar?

EDIT: Okay, the problem seems to be with these two options:
  • Enable viewing forum in home
  • Enable viewing in Forum Thread List
Enabling the first seems to slow things down, but the second one is the one that brings the site completely offline. So I'm guessing that it must overtax the server. Doesn't really matter to me, though, having those two options. I really only enabled to check them out. (y)

2nd EDIT: Yes, after looking into it a little more, it was a memory problem. You'll need to set memory_limit to at least 512MB for those options.

Your not the only one, it does slow the site down, it must use up a lot of data and as you say memory leak which makes the site slow and crash. It is mostly the two options because they use up more space

Your not the only one, it does slow the site down, it must use up a lot of data and as you say memory leak which makes the site slow and crash. It is mostly the two options because they use up more space
Yeah, things are fine without those two enabled. Like I said, you can run them if you crank up the memory, but even then you're likely to notice a performance impact over time.

Last edited:
I updated this after updating XF2 today, so I'm not sure which might have made a difference, but I thought you'd like to know that enabling "Enable viewing in Forum Thread List" does not seem to have as much of a performance impact as before. Page loads were frequently taking more than 8 seconds before, when visiting forums/nodes, now they're almost always less than 5. That's obviously still not great, but it seems to show things have improved. I wish I had noted the memory usage before - stupid of me not to - but it's consistently just over 200 MB when visiting most forums with that option enabled. Without that option enabled, it's 11 to 14 MB visiting the same forums.

I should probably mention too that I have something like 140 nodes on my site, which is probably a lot more than many people have, and that might be largely responsible for my experience. If others have far fewer nodes, and you have a lot less on your test forum, that would probably explain why it's maybe not as much of an issue for many people.

I updated this after updating XF2 today, so I'm not sure which might have made a difference, but I thought you'd like to know that enabling "Enable viewing in Forum Thread List" does not seem to have as much of a performance impact as before. Page loads were frequently taking more than 8 seconds before, when visiting forums/nodes, now they're almost always less than 5. That's obviously still not great, but it seems to show things have improved. I wish I had noted the memory usage before - stupid of me not to - but it's consistently just over 200 MB when visiting most forums with that option enabled. Without that option enabled, it's 11 to 14 MB visiting the same forums.

I should probably mention too that I have something like 140 nodes on my site, which is probably a lot more than many people have, and that might be largely responsible for my experience. If others have far fewer nodes, and you have a lot less on your test forum, that would probably explain why it's maybe not as much of an issue for many people.

I was using this latest update when I made that thread. So it does still have an impact on performance unless of course my problem had nothing to do with this add-on.

I was using this latest update when I made that thread. So it does still have an impact on performance unless of course my problem had nothing to do with this add-on.
You don't have a problem using the addon with that one option disabled, though, right? I don't, so if you do it might be some other problem. I suppose you've already tried it with all other addons disabled...? Anyway, it doesn't look like you have that many nodes either, so maybe there goes my "a lot of nodes" theory. Oh well, I was just trying to offer some helpful feedback. ;)

You don't have a problem using the addon with that one option disabled, though, right? I don't, so if you do it might be some other problem. I suppose you've already tried it with all other addons disabled...? Anyway, it doesn't look like you have that many nodes either, so maybe there goes my "a lot of nodes" theory. Oh well, I was just trying to offer some helpful feedback. ;)

Well yes after your suggestion I have disabled those two options which no, i have not had any problems since. But I don't think it has anything to do with how many nodes, just a performance issue with one of the features specifically the home viewing feature which slow the forum view overtime. Other than that, all good.

Well yes after your suggestion I have disabled those two options which no, i have not had any problems since. But I don't think it has anything to do with how many nodes, just a performance issue with one of the features specifically the home viewing feature which slow the forum view overtime. Other than that, all good.
No, the number of nodes probably doesn't make a difference. If it did, I would expect you'd see better performance than me, considering you have a lot fewer nodes than me. As for the home viewing feature being the main problem....I don't know about that. My results that I mentioned above were with that feature turned off - I was just using the viewing in forum thread list feature. The two of them together are definitely worse, though. The memory usage remains the same (around 202 MB), but page loads are even longer with both enabled.

@XenConcept
I realize this might not be an issue with the addon per se, but just so you know, I've found with the UI.X styles (2.0) that if you make the Viewing thread position "Above Quick Reply" then the stats show both above quick reply and on the upper right of the page - so they're shown twice in two different places and mess up the general layout. I don't see this with any other styles I'm using. If you know an easy way I could fix this myself, that would be great. Thanks

Can you open a ticket?

By adding screenshots

Thanks
I'm just gonna leave it at the top where I prefer it, but here's pic:
u9wXU92.jpg

Top Bottom