[XenConcept] Linked Accounts

[XenConcept] Linked Accounts [Paid] 2.4.5 Patch 1

No permission to buy ($40.00)
@XenConcept

I would like to suggest the following feature(s) to help me better make the most of this add-on on my site:
  • There should be separate permissions for "can create sub-account?" and "can link existing account?"; I would like for my members to be able to create accounts using the system, but not have the ability to link existing ones.
  • There should be an option to require the automatic deletion of a sub-account that was created by the system if it is un-linked, in order to prevent orphaned accounts.
  • There should be an option to place sub-accounts into additional groups, rather than changing their primary group, when created using the system.
If this can be added, this will literally be amazing!

I will consider your request when I return from vacation around July 25.

Thank you for your understanding
I appreciate it; I would also like to suggest the following, if at all possible:
  • When a user "reverts" from a sub account back to the main account, the session should end and the user should not appear in the active user list, just like a normal log-out.
  • A way to sync bans / warning points / user discipline of sub-accounts and the main account, potentially when the main account is banned, the sub accounts are as well.
  • Admin-specifiable options of what to do for an unlinked sub account (delete automatically on unlink, ask the user what they want, or prevent unlink all together)

Hi again! I hope you had a good vacation! I was wondering: is there a way to make it so that users return to the thread they were viewing when they switch to a linked account? Currently it sends them back to the forum home page, but I thought that I had seen it on other forums where they would be able to continue browsing the page they were on if they switched, rather than having to navigate back. If I've misremembered, it's no problem! It's just been bothering me that I don't know.

@XenConcept

I would like to suggest the following feature(s) to help me better make the most of this add-on on my site:
  • There should be separate permissions for "can create sub-account?" and "can link existing account?"; I would like for my members to be able to create accounts using the system, but not have the ability to link existing ones.
  • There should be an option to require the automatic deletion of a sub-account that was created by the system if it is un-linked, in order to prevent orphaned accounts.
  • There should be an option to place sub-accounts into additional groups, rather than changing their primary group, when created using the system.
If this can be added, this will literally be amazing!

Good suggestions! Any word on this @XenConcept?

XenConcept updated [XenConcept] Linked Accounts with a new update entry:

New release 2.2.0

Add:
  • Add usergroup permission Can leak an existing account
  • Add an option for allowed or not the delete orphaned accounts

Change:
  • Change "test" permissions for allow to select more one usergroups and i apply in a secondary usergroup when account created.
  • Change the redirection when you click on "login" or "revert" on the current page.
View attachment 272744
View attachment 272742

[ATTACH...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Dont want to read 8 pages so;

Can this be used for "on the fly" quick bam boom conversations with oneself? In other words, User talking to themself only?

Bob account: Hi !

Joe account: Get bent!

Bob account: :(

Yes, no maybe? :)

Dont want to read 8 pages so;

Can this be used for "on the fly" quick bam boom conversations with oneself? In other words, User talking to themself only?

Bob account: Hi !

Joe account: Get bent!

Bob account: :(

Yes, no maybe? :)
Hello,

The post as function is not available for conversations at the moment

A couple questions/suggestions I have, as the following would be extremely useful for me.
  • Can the same account be linked to multiple users? So Alice and Bob can both log into a character account, without having any access to separately linked characters.
  • Maybe an admin or account settings page can specify a list of other accounts that can access it.
  • It would be great if admins could check a box for accounts to appear under "globally accessible" accounts to anyone in a specific usergroup, for shared NPCs.
  • Can a linked account specify parent account(s) to show that the account has received a PM or other alert?
  • Can a linked account show on the mini profile which account is its parent?

Can the same account be linked to multiple users? So Alice and Bob can both log into a character account, without having any access to separately linked characters.

This function is already available.

The other points are not yet available. Could you describe a little more in order to better understand.

You can also help finance the new features if you wish

Could someone possibly walk me through making this accessible from the nav bar? I updated my theme and it disappeared, and unfortunately I don't recall how I accomplished it in the first place.

I want to clarify that the fix listed earlier does not work for me.

Last edited:
Hey @XenConcept thank you for a very useful add-on, but I do have a few questions...

1) Even though Captcha is clicked, it does not show a captcha when creating a new account.
2) I do not see anyway to switch between accounts.. where do we do that? The linked account link disappears when you're logged into your other account and there are no options other than to just log off...but once you do that... it doesn't take you back to your original account - you've got to log in again. Isn't there a way to switch between accounts???

Hey @XenConcept thank you for a very useful add-on, but I do have a few questions...

1) Even though Captcha is clicked, it does not show a captcha when creating a new account.
2) I do not see anyway to switch between accounts.. where do we do that? The linked account link disappears when you're logged into your other account and there are no options other than to just log off...but once you do that... it doesn't take you back to your original account - you've got to log in again. Isn't there a way to switch between accounts???

#2 is probably an issue with your style. There is a persistent chain link icon that you can click to switch accounts. It was hidden for me on UI.X until I fixed it.

#2 is probably an issue with your style. There is a persistent chain link icon that you can click to switch accounts. It was hidden for me on UI.X until I fixed it.

I am using "ACE" from TH which is UI.X I believe, too. I have no idea how I'd even begin to fix that... any ideas @MarenLBC ?? Appreciate you!

Hello,

1) The captcha is not available during the creation
2)
Screenshot_4.webpScreenshot_6.webp

Currently when you log in to a sub-account you cannot switch to another sub-account without going back through the main account. This will be changed in a future update.

Can this be used to specify relationshipsa little like facebook? I am setting up an adult / swingers forum and looking for a Realtionship section of profile which could say "In a relationship with alice72" with the ability to not speocify an account so just "married"?

Top Bottom