• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

"XenBusiness" Style

But I changed the settings to make it fluid, so there will not be any such scrolling. What you are looking at, is a fluid version of your fixed style.

The problem is that when it is fluid and someone is using that large of a monitor (like me), the nav bar doesn't appear correctly.

Apokalupsis: A quick way to accomplish this - before I release the next version - would be to log into your Admin CP and go to: Styles > XenBiz [Templates] > [search for] navigation.css > [use CTRL+F to find] the text: /* Second Row */ and edit the following values:

width: 974px;
Replace with: width: 100%;

Find border-left:1px solid #000; and border-right:1px solid #000 and remove both entries. Hit Save.

You won't have the borders on the left and right, but it's a quick fix until I have time to sit down and finalize the next version.

Thanks for using the style by the way! :)

Worked great. Thanks for the awesome support man.

And you are welcome for using it (it's now the default skin). I've been monitoring your site, waiting for more skins. You do a great job. ;)
Wow, thank you very much! It's really good to hear that my work is appreciated. I'll make sure the next style I release is a free one. I'll see what I can come up with tomorrow; until then - any suggestions? I'd be happy to incorporate any ideas or colour schemes that you or anyone else would like to request. :)

Heres another idea; I personally am not a fan of the drop down login. Maybe Move it the right where the button is. Then make it so only a bit pops down.

Pics of what I'm talking about

This is the login button you'd click
w7rw9y.png

Then input fields for login come up and a register button.

Well its the same? It would only be 1/4 or 1/5 that drops down instead of the whole top.

Again feel free to customize the idea as it is your style :)

Hmm... I do quite like the sound of that, Nick. I'll see how it turns out on my localhost installation and see if it's worth incorporating.

I'd be happy to incorporate any ideas or colour schemes that you or anyone else would like to request. :)
So far for XF, there are an awful lot of "bright" colored styles. There are a few all dark ones too (but I'm not a fan of all dark). What about a content background, yet with darker contrasts.

An example of this can be found on my site here: http://www.onlinedebate.net/forums/forum.php?styleid=62 (it's based off of the unsupported CF1 theme from vb.org)

See attachments for convenience:

forge.webp

Darker header and side backgrounds. Yet colorful (red in this case) icons. The only thing I'd change about the reds in this particular theme, is perhaps making it slightly darker (vs as bright as it is). Also, perhaps a lightly textured background on the sides.

Here's a sample of a post. The member info has been customized, but it tightens the data up quite nicely. I realize that all of this may be a lot of work, but you asked. These are just ideas being submitted your way. ;)

forgepost.webp

You've captured my interest there. Believe it or not, the sort of look you're describing isn't too dissimilar to the old Xenfs 1.0 WordPress theme I'd created (but only replaced about 3 days ago) - see attachment. I'll see what I can whip up tomorrow and I'll release the WordPress theme-equivalent to go with it. I realise not everyone uses WordPress, but I don't use the theme anymore and - for those of you whom might find use for it - it does have tons of custom-built features built into it and what-not.

It may not make a release tomorrow, but most likely either Monday or the day after.

Thanks again for all the feedback so far, guys!

Attachments

• oldgrey.webp
    oldgrey.webp
    54.9 KB · Views: 27
That style looks awesome. Is that wordpress on the homepage? I love how it visually integrates!
It certainly is! WordPress is by far my favourite CMS of all the - what seems like - billions of CMSs I've used over the years. I use it to power all of my websites nowadays.

I'll hopefully be making a start on the new style later on today. I'm just helping a gentleman out with changing the colour scheme of the XenBusiness theme; when I'm done it'll be made available for free right here.

It certainly is! WordPress is by far my favourite CMS of all the - what seems like - billions of CMSs I've used over the years. I use it to power all of my websites nowadays.

I'll hopefully be making a start on the new style later on today. I'm just helping a gentleman out with changing the colour scheme of the XenBusiness theme; when I'm done it'll be made available for free right here.
When/If you sell styles, if you have wordpress matches, it will help me buy from you. Our forums/frontpage need to match, and integrate....

Pretty good, and good to see some changes in the shapes too. Creativity is always nice to see in styles.
Thank you, dutchbb. :)
When/If you sell styles, if you have wordpress matches, it will help me buy from you. Our forums/frontpage need to match, and integrate....
I understand. I feel exactly the same way. As a matter of fact, I've been considering bundling the WordPress equivalent of a design with all style purchases...I'll see what I can do. ;)

Very nice style! Be sure to post when you go public.

You are very talented, keep up the good work.

Jeff

Hi folks,

I most certainly will be updating it to be fully compatible with XF 1.0. I'm really pleased that you guys are liking the style. Just to clarify: It is already compatible with XF 1.0 but there might be one or two graphical oddities here and there. I'll be looking further into that this evening when the little 'ens are in bed. ;)

Top Bottom