[Xen-Soluce] SEO Optimization

[Xen-Soluce] SEO Optimization [Paid] 2.6.3 Fix 3

No permission to buy (€20.00)
@SyTry @XenSoluce
When Meta-Description is set for a Node(forum) then you set Meta-Description for a thread in that forum it'll only show the Meta-Description for the forum not for the thread itself.

Meta-Description must not be set on the Node(forum) for the Meta-Description on the thread to show.

Unless this is not a bug and its intended to work that way.

@SyTry @XenSoluce
When Meta-Description is set for a Node(forum) then you set Meta-Description for a thread in that forum it'll only show the Meta-Description for the forum not for the thread itself.

Meta-Description must not be set on the Node(forum) for the Meta-Description on the thread to show.

Unless this is not a bug and its intended to work that way.
Hello,

If you set a Meta-Description for a forum (node) this Meta-Description is applied to all threads in this forum ? :unsure:
Can you make a thread here please, with details and screenshot if possible :

Thank you ! (y)

Edit : fixed, thank you !

Regards, SyTry

Last edited:
I recently switched one of my forums to the Q&A forum type and this SEO add-on isn't play well with it.

It adds an extra separator and site's title to the existing title thread.

Before switching to Q&A forum format

Thread title - Site name

After switching to Q&A forum format.

Thread title - Site name | Site name

In other words, there is an extra separator and site title.

I checked other forums (which is using the default discussion type) and no problem. Only the Q&A (questions and answers type) has this bug.

Please help fix it ASAP to prevent any potential SEO penalty from Google.

There should also be an option to disable the custom Threads Meta-Title and Symbol for separator so we can stick to XF's default. This helps to prevent a problem like this in the future.

Forum is running v2.2.3 Patch 1

Last edited:
I recently switched one of my forums to the Q&A forum type and this SEO add-on isn't play well with it.

It adds an extra separator and site's title to the existing title thread.

Before switching to Q&A forum format

Thread title - Site name

After switching to Q&A forum format.

Thread title - Site name | Site name

In other words, there is an extra separator and site title.

I checked other forums (which is using the default discussion type) and no problem. Only the Q&A (questions and answers type) has this bug.

Please help fix it ASAP to prevent any potential SEO penalty from Google.

There should also be an option to disable the custom Threads Meta-Title and Symbol for separator so we can stick to XF's default. This helps to prevent a problem like this in the future.

Forum is running v2.2.3 Patch 1
Hello, thank you for reporting this to us. We'll provide a fix for this very soon !

Edit : I can't reproduce your problem, you have a custom Meta-Title for that Q&A forum ?

Edit : Find it! We'll share a fix !

Regards, SyTry

So 3 Months is $20?
That's a lot of screwing with descriptions and a lot for Google to take in if it doesn't bode well with Google and need to remove it in 3 months time. $65 a year. hmmmm

I am thinking about to replace the old addon with more or less the same functions.

1. I dont want to loose the old fields, so it would be nice to have a way (manually also) to stay with the old data.

2. This is just a link to a thread here:

Now imagine this thread would have a picture in the first post (or in the first x posts), could you imagine to build this picture (the thumb of the picture) instead of the XF-Logo inside your tool? Or maybe this si still done?

3. While i have learned that keywords are out, i still have them inside my old tool. Is there any reason to put the tags of a thread into the meta keys?

4. For some special situations it would be nice to have just an empty field for more meta infos. In one forum for example i have meta geo stuff for all subforum, because every forum is used for a town. Also the threads are used for adresses and sometimes we put the meta geo also to the threads.

5. Do you have single xf_thread.fields for everything or just an array_field for a thread, forum, cat?

Last edited:
After watching the pictures:
1. You should add a free field for all places just to be flexible for more meta data.
2. with another ugp: can_view_meta you can allow the mods to see the meta above the thread to know/decide if there is a need to optimize the meta-data. AndyB has done this in his meta-addon used for threads only.
3. as mentioned above, you may care to use a thumb from thread attachment to show the "unfurl".

I am thinking about to replace the old addon with more or less the same functions.

1. I dont want to loose the old fields, so it would be nice to have a way (manually also) to stay with the old data.

2. This is just a link to a thread here:

Now imagine this thread would have a picture in the first post (or in the first x posts), could you imagine to build this picture (the thumb of the picture) instead of the XF-Logo inside your tool? Or maybe this si still done?

3. While i have learned that keywords are out, i still have them inside my old tool. Is there any reason to put the tags of a thread into the meta keys?

4. For some special situations it would be nice to have just an empty field for more meta infos. In one forum for example i have meta geo stuff for all subforum, because every forum is used for a town. Also the threads are used for adresses and sometimes we put the meta geo also to the threads.

5. Do you have single xf_thread.fields for everything or just an array_field for a thread, forum, cat?
After watching the pictures:
1. You should add a free field for all places just to be flexible for more meta data.
2. with another ugp: can_view_meta you can allow the mods to see the meta above the thread to know/decide if there is a need to optimize the meta-data. AndyB has done this in his meta-addon used for threads only.
3. as mentioned above, you may care to use a thumb from thread attachment to show the "unfurl".
Hello, can you make a suggestion per idea/request here please :

For fields, you mean %your_field% in the Meta-Title structure? Also when you say you don't want to loose your old fields, which one?
For attachments, just like avatar/url/image in my Open Graph option?
For your tags, this is up to you if you want to add them in your Meta-Title. ;)

Regards, SyTry

I will install it tomorrow and comment it later.

BTW: I have not understand why you want to proof my tax-number. After this you will send the tax back?
I have paid now 23,something and not 20.

@SyTry can this addon set a 'nofollow' tag for threads with a particular thread prefix?

I'd like to automatically set nofollow to threads that I mark with our 'news' thread prefix.

Top Bottom