[Xen-Soluce] Avatar Gallery

[Xen-Soluce] Avatar Gallery 2.1.5

No permission to download

SpecialK

SpecialK submitted a new resource:

[TFP] Avatar Gallery - Allow your users to select their avatar from a gallery of avatars provided by you.

Description:
This is a very simple add-on that allows you to offer your users a gallery of pre-selected avatars to use. After installing this add-on, uploading your gallery avatars, and enabling the Avatar Gallery in your XenForo options, users will be presented with a gallery of images to choose from in the avatar modal.

Installation:
  1. Upload the contents of the zip file to your server
  2. Install the add-on from the XenForo control panel
  3. Upload your gallery...

Read more about this resource...

I uploaded the contents to their respective directories within the public_html and installed the add-on, but the avatar gallery is not showing. I am using xen 2.1.

Last edited:
Yes this is an issue with the image paths. The issue doesn't exist in our development environment, but I've confirmed the cause. I'll be releasing an update next week to address it.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

For the update you should include sorting the categories into tabs rather, than listing them vertically. Users will have an easier time selecting the avatar they want, without having to scroll down for 20 sec to find the right one.
Great idea! I'll see what I can do about that!

Honestly, why this isn’t a part of XenForo core is beyond me. Even poor quality forum software usually has a system for pre-made avatar categories, and I’m at a bit of a loss in understanding why this wasn’t added ages ago.

Turning avatars off completely would kill most forums. And giving all registered users the ability to upload custom images presents a whole new set of headaches and challenges. Still, glad to see a resource.

Does this add-on allow administrators to edit users’ avatars in the admin panel? That will be an essential requirement to making this a practical resource on a real forum.

Last edited:
Honestly, why this isn’t a part of XenForo core is beyond me. Even poor quality forum software usually has a system for pre-made avatar categories, and I’m at a bit of a loss in understanding why this wasn’t added ages ago.

I think it's because it was much more necessary 10 or 15 years ago when it was more difficult for people to create and manipulate images themselves.

Now XF has the custom user initial avatars based on your username, which is a nice touch.

But these days anyone with a smartphone can take, download and edit and then upload custom avatar images incredibly easily. There's even a plethora of free online image editing tools where you can create your own. It's just not as necessary as it used to be.

Plus forcing people to upload their own individual images is much better for other members as it's easier to distinguish users at a glance by looking at their custom avatars. I'd get a bit frustrated if I saw multiple people with the same avatar posting in the same thread.

Top Bottom