Xen Product Manager [Deleted]

Chris D updated Xen Product Manager with a new update entry:

Important bug fixes
This update is quite significant, but primarily only contains bug fixes. One or two of them, however, are pretty important:

This version resolves a race condition which could see a purchaser return from PayPal before the transaction is processed and allow them to edit or empty their cart. This issue would mean that once the transaction is processed, the cart no longer exists and the user's licenses would not be created.

To solve this issue, the purchase initialisation now happens in the controller and prior to redirecting to PayPal, the cart status is changed to "Pending".

Note: If you have any add-ons which add different payment providers, they may need some work before functioning correctly with this version.

Another major change revolves around chargebacks. One annoying aspect of previous versions was that chargebacks would effectively delete the cart and the license, making it difficult to track down which user actually triggered the chargeback.

In this version, licenses are now set to the state of "revoked" and the cart is "expired". Revoked licenses appear on the "View All Licenses" page and you can filter this page by license state to only show you the Revoked licenses.

Also there is a new "View All Outstanding Carts" page which lists all carts which are in either "active" or "pending" state. This can be filtered. Active carts are those that the user has put items into but not yet purchased. This could be useful as a manual way of identifying prospective buyer's and proactively contacting them to offer pre-sales advice. The most useful thing here is seeing the carts in "pending" state. These will most likely be the ones that a user may well have already paid for, but the IPN hasn't been received yet.

From the View All Outstanding Carts page you can "Convert Cart" or "Expire Cart". Convert Cart allows you to instantly convert a cart to licenses. You would do this in the cases where PayPal hasn't yet sent the IPN but you know you've received the payment. This sets the cart state to purchased. The payment processor code will not attempt to create licenses for a cart unless it is in "pending" state (so if the cart has already been set to purchased, the payment processor will not duplicate the licenses).

Also changed in this version is the following:
  • The list of change logs now has an Edit link
  • If you have PayPal add VAT onto your purchases, cost validation will no longer fail
  • A "ghost image" will no longer display for products which had a thumbnail which has since been deleted
  • The attachment browser now uses the correct phrase and link in several places

Read the rest of this update entry...

while upgrading from 1.2.8:
Callback XenProduct_Listener::extendAttachmentModel is invalid (Invalid Method).

is doesn't support your own installer? @Chris D

Awesome while I don't look forward to charge backs at least it's new feature :D

The outstanding cart is a nice idea as well. I'd love to see it extended to be a criteria so we could target via notices. Thanks for this update though it's very appreciated.

Bigger updates are still planned. This is quite a big update and actually has some breaking changes, so technically not suitable for a 3rd point release, but I felt some of the issues couldn't really wait until 1.3.

At the moment, this requires a code edit.

library/XenProduct/ControllerPublic/Cart.php

Find:
PHP:
$paypalParams['no_shipping'] = 1;

Replace:
PHP:
$paypalParams['no_shipping'] = 2;

Setting the value to 2 prompts for an address and requires it to be completed. Setting it to 0 will prompt for an address, but it will not be required.

At the moment, this requires a code edit.

library/XenProduct/ControllerPublic/Cart.php

Find:
PHP:
$paypalParams['no_shipping'] = 1;

Replace:
PHP:
$paypalParams['no_shipping'] = 2;

Setting the value to 2 prompts for an address and requires it to be completed. Setting it to 0 will prompt for an address, but it will not be required.
Hey,

Thanks! I couldn't find a Cart.php controller, though, and it's not in the model either.

Oh, in that case you're running an older version.

Upgrade first and then you'll have it.

Oh, in that case you're running an older version.

Upgrade first and then you'll have it.
We're on 1.2.2. I don't think I have updates left on my license, not sure when they ended, but not that long ago. We're moving away from XenForo to do all payment processing and support so license renewal wouldn't really make sense, since in give or take a month we won't use XenForo at all for any of that.

What file is this done in with previous versions ? I guess I add that variable to library/XenProduct/PaymentProcessor/PayPal.php?

You can do it in the xenproduct_cart_view template in older versions.

Just search the templates for "no_shipping" and then change the value to 0 or 2 depending on what your requirements are.

If your plans change, however, the update to 1.2.11 is highly recommended as it solves some annoying bugs.

Reactions: Xon
The add-on supports.
admin can download without purchase ?
Admin can add accounts without purchase by hand on ?

Thanks you.

The add-on includes the a permission to allow you to "Convert cart to licenses".

This is essentially a way to create licenses for yourself or others without payment.

Daniel Hood didn't always use Xen Product Manager, so I guess it could be whatever system he used before, or something manual he arranged for some reason.

Top Bottom