Xen Product Manager [Deleted]

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Chris D submitted a new resource:

Xen Product Manager - Sell licenses for digital products and manage optional extras and renewals all within XenForo

Xen Product Manager is a fully featured product/license manager add-on for XenForo which will allow you to sell products to your members.

Adding Products

When creating a product, you can add the following details:
  • A title
  • A version string
  • Product details (rich text editor)
  • Product tag line
  • An array of main features
  • Upload images that can be embedded in the product details
  • Specify an uploaded image to be used as a thumbnail
  • A purchase price and length of...

Read more about this resource...

This looks absolutely awesome @Chris D !

Congrats on this, if I wasn't using WHMCS currently I would definitely hop on board this with our products. However, that shouldn't take away from the sheer awesomeness of this product. Again, great job!

Allan purchased earlier. He bought it as he saw it was already in the Product Manager at https://xenresources.com. That was before I had finished writing the description or uploading the images. Hence the impatient comment before :LOL:

Oh is this what I used on Daniel Hood's site to assign to AVForums the addons transferred from Syndol?
I found that pretty easy to use.
One question (which I'm sure you've thought of, but for my clarification) how does it cope with users with expired licenses needing the updates the author releases to fix bugs?

Another great looking product Chris!

One possible bug, on XenMediaGallery.com (now XenResources) I got an alert to renew which brings me to an error page

upload_2014-9-2_21-52-49.webp

No account upgrades can be purchased at this time. Please check back later.

Should that not bring me to a page where I can renew?

Also, the attention to detail look great reading through the spec. But it seems to be missing something quite fundamental. I can't seem to see a way for a user can download the files up to the most recent version of the product that they've paid for. Surely a user should be able to see a list of the previous releases available to them during their active licence period to download even after their licence has expired? Just like you can here on XenForo.com

For example, it looks like XMG 2.1.5 was released at the end of July. My licence expired last week.
I never got around to downloading 2.1.5, so it seems like my site is stuck on on older version even though I'm technically paid up until after 2.1.5 was released?

Does that mean I can no longer download it?

Also, what if a person wants to re-install the add on for some reason or uninstall it from one domain to use on another but they're happy to use whatever version they've paid up for. If they've lost the local files and they need to re-download it that should be possible, shouldn't it?

Oh is this what I used on Daniel Hood's site to assign to AVForums the addons transferred from Syndol?
I found that pretty easy to use.
One question (which I'm sure you've thought of, but for my clarification) how does it cope with users with expired licenses needing the updates the author releases to fix bugs?
You sure did. To my understanding if your license was expired I could make the version date the same as the bugged version so anyone that was able to get the bugged version could get the fixed one.

One possible bug, on XenMediaGallery.com (now XenResources) I got an alert to renew which brings me to an error page
That's from the old system which used XenForo User Upgrades. Naturally, that's no longer needed. Any alerts from that can be ignored. All previous orders/upgrades/licenses that were used in the old system have been imported into the new one.

I may well purge the unviewed alerts from the database to prevent further confusion.

Surely a user should be able to see a list of the previous releases available to them during their active licence period to download even after their licence has expired? Just like you can here on XenForo.com
Yes, that is already a feature, you can see that here:
upload_2014-9-2_20-19-21-png.82661

However, I did not import the old versions from the old system for simplicity sake. As of this new system you will have access to all versions from 2.1.5 to when your license expires.

For example, it looks like XMG 2.1.5 was released at the end of July. My licence expired last week.
I never got around to downloading 2.1.5, so it seems like my site is stuck on on older version even though I'm technically paid up until after 2.1.5 was released?

Does that mean I can no longer download it?

Of course you can still download 2.1.5. You can easily try this yourself with your own license, right? Just go to Products and click on "Expired Licenses". You do need to "Activate" your license first. This is the process of assigning your license to your URL. Once you do that, you can download 2.1.5.

Also, what if a person wants to re-install the add on for some reason or uninstall it from one domain to use on another but they're happy to use whatever version they've paid up for. If they've lost the local files and they need to re-download it that should be possible, shouldn't it?
Yes. It is possible.

Go try it out. It'll be quicker than you asking and me explaining :)

If your license has expired, you can only download versions that were released before your license expired.

Now so close to having a full addon to sell digital+physical products....good job for designers/coders, but would really love to see you create a store addon :)

If you could add the ability for us to remove the license part and enable customer adding their shipping info and keeping track of orders, then we've got a full digital and phsyical store!

I think you're a perfect match for a physical store addon, you got a great attention to detail!

Top Bottom