Xen Meditation thread - for anyone needing some bliss.

Kim

Emotions are running high lately, so I think some of us (myself included) could take a few cleansing breaths and do some meditating, have a massage.

So...take off your shoes, and relax in here a bit.

Listen to some chilled out music, enjoy a virtual massage and find the Xen lovely peeps!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

zengarden.webp
dsc05491.webp
holistic-massage-web2.webp
images.webp
zen-japanese-beautiful-442553.webp

Brilliant post. Will make a cup of green tea and have a look at those video clips :) It's safer than lighting an actual candle since last time I did that I nearly burned the place down and it wasn't very "zen"!

If by meditating you mean staring for hours, daily, into a lava lamp, then I'm way ahead of you. Been doing it since I was 15. 30 years later I discovered you did not need it plugged in; because... well... it hadn't been for four years, go figure. And still it's bright light is radiating and beckoning to me, and the oil is still forming shapes.

I think I reached a plateau that those who meditate try to achieve, and a very few do, :cool:

Boohoo - the candles in that video don't move :( I thought they did at first, but realised it was just my tired eyes playing tricks. And the first video has some infernal pan pipes (I'm not a fan). I think I shall return to reading my book "Mindfulness" by Bhante Henepola Gunarantana. Apparently when you can pronounce the author's name you are certified as enlightened :)

LOL Lawrence, lava lamps are so mesmerising! You must be truly enlightened to get the same effect even when it's not on!
hippi.gif

If by meditating you mean staring for hours, daily, into a lava lamp, then I'm way ahead of you. Been doing it since I was 15. 30 years later I discovered you did not need it plugged in; because... well... it hadn't been for four years, go figure. And still it's bright light is radiating and beckoning to me, and the oil is still forming shapes.

I think I reached a plateau that those who meditate try to achieve, and a very few do, :cool:

Boohoo - the candles in that video don't move :( I thought they did at first, but realised it was just my tired eyes playing tricks. And the first video has some infernal pan pipes (I'm not a fan). I think I shall return to reading my book "Mindfulness" by Bhante Henepola Gunarantana. Apparently when you can pronounce the author's name you are certified as enlightened :)

Sorry it didn't do it for you, but reading is often very relaxing too! Enjoy your book!

I love coloured lighting and stuff, my room is full of it. I have an LED parcan that beams up an ever changing wash of light up one wall, with red, green and orange lamps elsewhere - I think colour can do so much to relax you.

I have a string of multi coloured led lights that look like Gummy dragonflies on my bed, very relaxing, I have them on for only a few minutes and I am sleepy!

My tranquility comes from taking a deep inhale of hookah (mmm...smoking grape and berries right now). Great way to wind down after a long day.

Though, I do want to get into meditation soon.

Anyone who's been to Epcot will recognise this, but I find it rather relaxing to listen to :)

Top Bottom