1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xen Meditation thread - for anyone needing some bliss.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kim, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Emotions are running high lately, so I think some of us (myself included) could take a few cleansing breaths and do some meditating, have a massage.

So...take off your shoes, and relax in here a bit.

Listen to some chilled out music, enjoy a virtual massage and find the Xen lovely peeps!

zengarden.jpg dsc05491.jpg holistic-massage-web2.jpg images.jpg zen-japanese-beautiful-442553.jpg

2. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

Good idea. Like it!

3. John

John Well-Known Member

Far out, man!

4. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Peace out baby! [​IMG]

5. Ingenious

Ingenious Well-Known Member

Brilliant post. Will make a cup of green tea and have a look at those video clips :) It's safer than lighting an actual candle since last time I did that I nearly burned the place down and it wasn't very "zen"!

Kim likes this.
  6. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

If by meditating you mean staring for hours, daily, into a lava lamp, then I'm way ahead of you. Been doing it since I was 15. 30 years later I discovered you did not need it plugged in; because... well... it hadn't been for four years, go figure. And still it's bright light is radiating and beckoning to me, and the oil is still forming shapes.

I think I reached a plateau that those who meditate try to achieve, and a very few do, :cool:

7. Ingenious

Boohoo - the candles in that video don't move :( I thought they did at first, but realised it was just my tired eyes playing tricks. And the first video has some infernal pan pipes (I'm not a fan). I think I shall return to reading my book "Mindfulness" by Bhante Henepola Gunarantana. Apparently when you can pronounce the author's name you are certified as enlightened :)

8. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

LOL Lawrence, lava lamps are so mesmerising! You must be truly enlightened to get the same effect even when it's not on! [​IMG]

Sorry it didn't do it for you, but reading is often very relaxing too! Enjoy your book!

9. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

My standard size one didn't survive being moved around a few years ago; this year they are offering the Colossus in limited numbers but it is out of my price range. Would look good in my office though. :D

10. Ingenious

I love coloured lighting and stuff, my room is full of it. I have an LED parcan that beams up an ever changing wash of light up one wall, with red, green and orange lamps elsewhere - I think colour can do so much to relax you.

11. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

I have a string of multi coloured led lights that look like Gummy dragonflies on my bed, very relaxing, I have them on for only a few minutes and I am sleepy!

12. Mr_Bob

Mr_Bob Well-Known Member

This is a welcome change of pace for all of us :).

Kim likes this.
  13. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

I have to say I feel very relaxed right now *bliss*

14. AzzidReign

AzzidReign Well-Known Member

My tranquility comes from taking a deep inhale of hookah (mmm...smoking grape and berries right now). Great way to wind down after a long day.

Though, I do want to get into meditation soon.

15. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

16. RickM

RickM Well-Known Member

Anyone who's been to Epcot will recognise this, but I find it rather relaxing to listen to :)

17. 0xym0r0n

0xym0r0n Well-Known Member

I listen to this playlist
    Brain Crain
    LOL my girlfriend looks at me funny but sometimes I need something a little more relaxing than my pandora stations can offer?

18. Weppa333

Weppa333 Active Member

AdamD likes this.
  19. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Deep breaths ..... in ..... out .....

20. AdamD

AdamD Well-Known Member

Thanks Weppa, that music is rather peaceful