<xen:include> in TMC replacement.

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
I have a <xen:include> tag in a TMC replacement, and it works fine, however when I edit the template that is being included, the changes aren't reflected in the modified template.

I've tried disabling and re-enabling the modification, but the same thing still applies.

Any help? Will I have to remove and re-add the template modification to make it update?

Liam

Ok, I even tried removing the modification and re-adding it and it still didn't work?!?!

Why isn't it updating changes to the included template?

This should work.

My first instinct is to check you are updating the template in the correct style, or indeed if you're editing the Master style that you haven't made modifications to that template in another style.

This should work.

My first instinct is to check you are updating the template in the correct style, or indeed if you're editing the Master style that you haven't made modifications to that template in another style.

I'm modifying it in the master style, like usual. I even exported everything and re-imported it to my live forum, and it still isn't using the correct template, or if it is it's using an old version...

Old version, that's what I mean.

If you've edited it in a child style, e.g. the Default Style then changes won't take effect.

I've just done a test on my own stuff and if I edit a template that is included via a TM replacement in the Master Style it is updated fine.

The only exception is if you have some sort of caching. So disable any caching you might have and try again.

If it's still not working, it's still going to be something very simple such as an outdated child template (check Appearance > Customised Components), or you're editing the wrong template or some other issue.

It should definitely just work.

Old version, that's what I mean.

If you've edited it in a child style, e.g. the Default Style then changes won't take effect.

I've just done a test on my own stuff and if I edit a template that is included via a TM replacement in the Master Style it is updated fine.

The only exception is if you have some sort of caching. So disable any caching you might have and try again.

If it's still not working, it's still going to be something very simple such as an outdated child template (check Appearance > Customised Components), or you're editing the wrong template or some other issue.

It should definitely just work.

I only edit it in the master style, and the TM replacement is done to the master style as well. My local board doesn't have any caching mechanism set up, so I have no idea why it isn't working.

Probably worth packing it up and posting it here. Without the code I have no idea either.

Top Bottom