XCache + memcached?

APCu doesn't exist as backend and it's the same as APC just minus opcode cache. So 'Apc' should be fine, but again not sure if it's really needed.
Well according to my phpinfo(), APCu "emulates" APC API.. but as long as they don't break BC for that.

PHP:
$config['cache']['backend'] = 'Apc';

I'm not sure it's actually needed but before I was using 'File' and I've figured it would be better to use memory instead of disk.

Anyway, you can test without and if you see it's filled in User Cache Entries when checking apc.php ; I guess you don't need to specify backend.

I can't say if I really see a different, as I did not test really without before, but it should help fore sure considering when you look at apc.php it's well filled with entries and hit a lof of time.
Well, I tried to debug this but no hope for me. What do you have in your php.ini?
I have this:

Code:
extension=apcu.so
exntension_dir = "/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20121212/"
apc.enabled=1
  apc.shm_size=128M
  apc.ttl=7200
  apc.enable_cli=1

and it doesn't want to cache anything when I look at apc.php :(
With LiteSpeed it's even worse than Apache alone since it restarts every 10min, but it should work with Apache and this is why it's weird. It shows APCu in PHP INFO though, so I have no idea.

Openlitespeed and Litespeed may need some tuning, check out http://vbtechsupport.com/2256/ for tips
APCu doesn't work even when I change to Apache, so I'm not sure if tuning would help (?)

Edit: most of the configurations that he showed were already there in the Enterprise edition (he has the free one). It hasn't helped anyway :(

If I set APC in config.php it breaks the forum and shows a blank page with:
"An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later."

Last edited:
Are you sure you tried to change 'backend' value to "Apc" ?

And I have nothing in php.ini (related to APCu) ; module is in a separate file in /etc/php5/mods-available/apcu.ini. Since I'm using dotdeb packages, I had just to use "apt-get install php5-apcu".
The content of this file is what I've pasted above.

I'm not sure what is your issue.

Yes, here is my config.php:
Code:
$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;
$config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core';
$config['cache']['frontendOptions']['cache_id_prefix'] = 'xf_';
$config['cache']['backend'] = 'Apc';

I don't know if it makes a difference, but I've said you "Apc" not "APC" in the XF config.

EDIT : I was looking at the email, it seems you have edited.

It's weird APCu Host is empty and Uptime is not running. What I have :

2013-07-15_14-03-29.webp

Well, no idea. It sounds like somehow loaded but not running. Try to check server log.

Top Bottom