XCache 3.0.0

Not really a stand alone plug-in, but it's a small part of a bigger server management framework... This is what my admin page looks like... (lets me see quickly see any issues going on... slave replication lag, high memory swap usage, failed hard drives, PHP errors, loads, uptime [like if a server unexpectedly reboot]), etc.

Would be very interested if you released this? :)

Would be very interested if you released this? :)
Trying to support the system would be near impossible... the UI you see in the admin area is the really simple part (just formatting the data). It's not so easy to actually *get* the data from each server. For example, I built a custom helper daemon that runs on each server that listens on a certain port for commands... they handle a WHOLE LOT of unrelated commands... for example they handle checking a user's full set of keywords for historical ranking for the Keyword Tracker tool, it handles compiling master keyword lists for sites using Digital Point Ads, and a bunch of other things (including spewing out a serialized array about the health/status of the server).

Even if that daemon *only* handles server status requests, are "normal" site owners really going to know how to install the daemon manually (I don't have any installers for it or anything), and set it up so it starts properly when the server reboots (which is going to be different for all server operating systems)? Probably not....

It honestly would just become a support *nightmare* for me and end up with 98% of the people wanting to use it eventually giving up because they don't have root access to their server to install a daemon, or just don't know *how* to do it or whatever else...

Top Bottom