Xbox one and CoD: Ghosts

Best part of the article..

Microsoft's beloved game franchise Halo was also on display, not as a new game, but as a live action series. Halo will become a premium television series, directed by Stephen Spielberg.

Chances are they've lost out on the hardware front as AMD has stated that the APU made for Sony is the most powerful one made to date. Also unless they're using unified GDDR5 RAM they'll have less performance than the PS4 has.

Overall... Even the PS4 announcement was better, and they didn't even show the console.

http://www.thelifespot.net/community/threads/official-call-of-duty-ghosts-cod-ghosts.2917/

Trailer for CoD: Ghosts, looks pretty good to me! Looking forward to playing....

http://mashable.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one/

New xbox 'one'... apart from the rubbish name what do you think?

No backward compatibility at present, but I reckon we will see games appearing in the market place quickly :)
CoD...yup...always look forward to CoD as well.

What I think about the actual console...they finally stopped wasting space with all the curves on the console body. That I am happy about. It always bothered me, the waste of space, more space means more air that you can move and that makes for a happy and if done right, quiet console.

I hope this new generation of kinect has some kind of well engineered sound cancelling built in because when you are playing a game with someone who is using their kinect as a mic for a game like call of duty and they have audio output on the tv...it can be the worst gaming experience ever.

Aside from that I don't have much input on the system until I get my hands on one.

hah. It's freakin' huge. I saw a post on facebook about the new XBox. As I was reading, someone posted, "Does it play VHS, too?" :ROFLMAO:
http://www.twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/336920019885764609

I'm happy I didn't sell my Sony stock now... The XBOX One will call home every 24 hours (supposedly mandatory) and you will have to pay to play used games. And there is no backwards compatibility nor honoring of XBOX Live purchases.

If Sony honors PSN purchases, and gets their streaming service right and brings their Playstation Plus service to the PS4 they should come out on top of this generation of consoles.

I'm happy I didn't sell my Sony stock now... The XBOX One will call home every 24 hours (supposedly mandatory) and you will have to pay to play used games. And there is no backwards compatibility nor honoring of XBOX Live purchases.

This is the part I have a problem with. If I buy a used game...I shouldn't have to pay again...that's why I bought it used. And I really hate the idea of calling home, again I own the game I own the system, I should have no more requirements to playing games on my gaming console. Also xbox live purchases being tied to an account (at least they were at one point don't know about now) was a problem for me...an account of mine expired and when I went to retrieve it I had to verify using a credit card which was not active any more which didn't work. Needless to say lots of money I had spent on DLC went poof. At any rate I no longer buy download content because of that. I just play CoD and that's it.

I am going to try both to be honest. Whatever one wins in my opinion will be the one I play CoD on and occasionally try out new games...Now if microsoft created a new version of halo that supported online mod sharing and gameplay, I wouldn't even try the new playstation, but since they are no longer (as far as I can tell) supporting the modding community (who basically is the greatest source of info for R&D when it comes to game series development ) I can no longer only give them my money since they are equal in that respect

The other thing the ms did that pissed me off was ping filtering 360 games so that if you spoofed a lan over wan using a bridge client which basically functions as a vpn, you can no longer play private lan games with your console with people a few states away like you could with games like 2.

I am sure they are still going to
1343255633777.webp
-block on that so again I have no reason to not try things out on other consoles.

I guess we will just have to see who wins in the real world trials of it.

Okay... I was corrected by a member of staff on my gaming forums and I was wrong about there being a fee for playing used games. Instead of a fee you'll have to pay the full retail price to play a used game. There is also a chance that if you loan a game to a friend (which they'll have to pay full retail price to play) you might also have to pay the retail price again.

CoD will be on both consoles, however they have a contract of temporary exclusivity with Microsoft for the initial launch. If the game is that important to you it might be better to just wait it out and go for the console that is less restrictive and offers the better perks (looking like PS4 to me currently).

Okay... I was corrected by a member of staff on my gaming forums and I was wrong about there being a fee for playing used games. Instead of a fee you'll have to pay the full retail price to play a used game. There is also a chance that if you loan a game to a friend (which they'll have to pay full retail price to play) you might also have to pay the retail price again.

CoD will be on both consoles, however they have a contract of temporary exclusivity with Microsoft for the initial launch. If the game is that important to you it might be better to just wait it out and go for the console that is less restrictive and offers the better perks (looking like PS4 to me currently).
wtf....

If there is as much lag delay in the game as in Black Ops 2, then no thanks. I've already pre-paid for Battlefield Bad Company 4, and am debating on doing the same for COD. The online play of BO2 sucks because of the lag delay they have. Was going to get the new console just to have - but our son is buying his first house so we are giving him a housewarming gift of a new washer and dryer (told the wife that would have bought me 4 consoles and a few games - she gave me that typical "wife" look o_O).

Avoid xBox One at all cost.

If you've seen the sneak preview (were a beta tester), you'll know that Microsoft says you don't own the xbox any more. You lease it.... That's right, you now lease hardware.

You also don't own the game... You lease it.

Microsoft can now "pull the plug" on you. It's all about the money and they want all of it. Their new policy seems to be "all your money, now belong to us".

The xBox One will basically be useless unless you have an internet connection with a subscription to xBox Live.

And the value of a used game is now, zero, because the moment you put it in your Xbox One, you need to activate it. And if it is registered to someone else, you need to pay the full price.

So you can't borrow a game as you once did either.

Avoid xBox One at all cost.
If you've seen the sneak preview (were a beta tester), you'll know that Microsoft says you don't own the xbox any more. You lease it.... That's right, you now lease hardware.

I've got a new Halo 4 console, so I'm sitting pretty. Just wanted to get one to have for poo-poo and giggles. :p

Okay... I was corrected by a member of staff on my gaming forums and I was wrong about there being a fee for playing used games. Instead of a fee you'll have to pay the full retail price to play a used game.
Source? Last time I checked the fee for used games wasn't disclosed.

I'm interested in purchasing it, I prefer the Xbox over the Playstation.

Considering I've never bought a used game, nor sold a game, the whole issue of second ownership isn't a problem for me.

If it's true regarding not owning the hardware and leasing it, that might be an issue for me. I guess I'll have to look into the legitimacy of that claim.

Top Bottom