XF 1.1 X posts in x number of days or account deleted?

jauburn

On some forums, lurkers just suck. They add no value, and there's no reason to allow them to remain a member. Is there any way to require new members to have x number of posts within y amount of time or else the account is automatically deleted?

Consider using a promotion:

Admin CP -> Users -> User Group Promotions

This criteria will allow you to at least move those users to a new group and thereby affect their permissions:

Screen shot 2011-11-22 at 3.06.49 AM.webp

But it won't automatically delete them. That requires an addon. Maybe in the future there will be an option to mass prune by usergroup in which case you can target the promotion group.

Try creating a group called lurker...

give a notice that can be dismissed , that says they will be moved to a different group or whatever you want to say..in x amount of days

use the promotion thing Jake posted to change the users group to lurker in x+x amount of days...

and have a notice that shows for members of that user group that tells them how to get back to a member group..

maybe even use the promotion thing again in reverse a bit.... if user is 'lurker' and has at least 1 post, promote to member.

That might work for you.

Consider using a promotion:

Admin CP -> Users -> User Group Promotions

This criteria will allow you to at least move those users to a new group and thereby affect their permissions:

View attachment 21620

But it won't automatically delete them. That requires an addon. Maybe in the future there will be an option to mass prune by usergroup in which case you can target the promotion group.

I did something like this on the MyBB forum I was running to deal with lurkers. You could prune users with a 0 (zero) post count after so many days,weeks or what ever you set it as. Worked also with validating users, so there was never any need to manually prune users away who had not activated their account via email sent.

I had it set to 1 post, so if after two weeks a members still had less than 1 post, they had zero posts. They got pruned away (deleted).

Great idea. Once I figure out the user group feature, I will try that.

your.com/admin.php?user-groups/add
ug2.webp

just create a name for the group and the permissions according to what you want the user to do, don't forget to make sure the user has posting and viewing permissions or I would be willing to bet you they never get out of the 'lurkers' group :-)
aa.webp
I would change the user title override to something that doesn't put the user on blast if that is not something you are trying to do, even a - would suffice for this...

Top Bottom