www.doomsdayforum.com

Like the design!

Though, I watch this doomsday preppers show on discovery every now and then....

Some of the theories.... ueghhh.... lets just say im not convinced :)

Like the design!

Though, I watch this doomsday preppers show on discovery every now and then....

Some of the theories.... ueghhh.... lets just say im not convinced :)

Thank you :)

I believe there are almost as many 'doomsday' scenario theories as there are preppers =) We all fear something! Some fear sun flares will destroy all electricity, others an economical disaster, while some fears a Zombie attack :D

Who am I to judge people's sentiments for preparing?

^_^

If I had a nickel...

... I would be richer?

:D

I like the concept. What I would seriously do (because at the moment it's sorta aimed at the fear mongering people who don't know their backsides from their elbows) and add in a factual area of possible doomsday scenarios.

I had previously wrote out a post suggesting topics that would fall into this like

Magnetic polar shift
Star supanova (gamma Ray bursts)
Comet/asteroid impact
Mega volcano (yellowstone)
Ice Age events (snowball earth)
Sun Flares

etc etc

but i see you have a thread highlighting some of the scenarios (the sensible ones) I'd separate the factual doomsdays from the bullsh-it theory which would make way of each event having it's own thread in it's sensible forum.

You could expand on that with stuff such as recent events (geologically speaking) Tunguska impact (which wasn't actually a impact but exploded in the atmosphere but the point being I think it might be wise separating the Sensible from the downright stupid theories that we hear about.

Overall prity nice style (there are some areas I would work on more) but a good foundation to kick start your site. Nice work. :)

:D

I like the concept. What I would seriously do (because at the moment it's sorta aimed at the fear mongering people who don't know their backsides from their elbows) and add in a factual area of possible doomsday scenarios.

I had previously wrote out a post suggesting topics that would fall into this like

Magnetic polar shift
Star supanova (gamma Ray bursts)
Comet/asteroid impact
Mega volcano (yellowstone)
Ice Age events (snowball earth)
Sun Flares

etc etc

but i see you have a thread highlighting some of the scenarios (the sensible ones) I'd separate the factual doomsdays from the bullsh-it theory which would make way of each event having it's own thread in it's sensible forum.

You could expand on that with stuff such as recent events (geologically speaking) Tunguska impact (which wasn't actually a impact but exploded in the atmosphere but the point being I think it might be wise separating the Sensible from the downright stupid theories that we hear about.

Overall prity nice style (there are some areas I would work on more) but a good foundation to kick start your site. Nice work. :)

And yup =) I did list up some scenarios - and we are using thread prefix' too. The thing is, there are almost as many doomsday scenarios as there are people - so I listed some of the most well-known ones ^^

I know that 'doomsday' is having a kind of 'bs-we're-now-all-eaten-by-zombies' kind of sound to it (nothing wrong with that, if that's what you're afraid off ....) - but we also have the following domains pointing to it:

SCANDINAVIANSURVIVAL.COM
SCANDINAVIANPREPPERS.COM
EUROPEANDOOMSDAYPREPPERS.COM
EUDOOMSDAY.COM
EUSURVIVAL.COM
EUROPEANPREPPERS.COM

We used the word 'Doomsday' because of the recent *Doomsday Preppers* serie on National Geographic.

The forum is very young, but I'm amazed to see the activity already and hope it will grow strong and wise (there are plenty of really neat info about surviving already ... and soon to be more).

=)

And yup =) I did list up some scenarios - and we are using thread prefix' too. The thing is, there are almost as many doomsday scenarios as there are people - so I listed the largest ones ^^

But... wouldn't the "largest" ones pretty much guarantee the total extermination of life on earth and put a situation where even if you were prepped to the max it wouldn't make a difference?

But... wouldn't the "largest" ones pretty much guarantee the total extermination of life on earth and put a situation where even if you were prepped to the max it wouldn't make a difference?

A my bad English - I meant 'most known' or speculated ones - and not largest =) Sorry

Top Bottom