1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

www.doomsdayforum.com

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by Lykke, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Lykke

Lykke Well-Known Member

karll, melbo and erich37 like this.
  2. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Like the design!

Though, I watch this doomsday preppers show on discovery every now and then....

Some of the theories.... ueghhh.... lets just say im not convinced :)

Lykke likes this.
  3. Lykke

Lykke Well-Known Member

Thank you :)

I believe there are almost as many 'doomsday' scenario theories as there are preppers =) We all fear something! Some fear sun flares will destroy all electricity, others an economical disaster, while some fears a Zombie attack :D

Who am I to judge people's sentiments for preparing?

^_^

4. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

Aren''t you a bit late with this :p

Blue and Lykke like this.
  5. Lykke

Lykke Well-Known Member

... Still here, right? =) means, there's another chance :p

6. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

I like it although I wish we had some rules on signatures around here. :)

7. Slavik

Actually we do :) Point taken.

8. Lykke

Lykke Well-Known Member

And point accepted =) Siggie changed (it was rather big, actually :oops: )

;)

steven s likes this.
  9. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

LOL

10. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I was just about to say that!

The perfect time to launch this forum would've been 2 months ago. You would've gotten a traffic spike.

11. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

There will always be preppers and the next doomsday scenario is right around the corner. Give it time.

Lykke likes this.
  12. Lykke

Lykke Well-Known Member

Not all preppers was preparing for dec 2012 ;) Some uses another calendar ... :D

13. SchmitzIT

SchmitzIT Well-Known Member

If I had a nickel...

Shelley likes this.
  14. melbo

melbo Well-Known Member

I think it's great. I run a survival forum (8 years now) and 2012 wasn't even on our radar. Lots of things to prepare for.

Nicely done.

SchmitzIT and Lykke like this.
  15. Lykke

Lykke Well-Known Member

... I would be richer?

Shelley likes this.
  16. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

:D

I like the concept. What I would seriously do (because at the moment it's sorta aimed at the fear mongering people who don't know their backsides from their elbows) and add in a factual area of possible doomsday scenarios.

I had previously wrote out a post suggesting topics that would fall into this like

Magnetic polar shift
    Star supanova (gamma Ray bursts)
    Comet/asteroid impact
    Mega volcano (yellowstone)
    Ice Age events (snowball earth)
    Sun Flares

etc etc

but i see you have a thread highlighting some of the scenarios (the sensible ones) I'd separate the factual doomsdays from the bullsh-it theory which would make way of each event having it's own thread in it's sensible forum.

You could expand on that with stuff such as recent events (geologically speaking) Tunguska impact (which wasn't actually a impact but exploded in the atmosphere but the point being I think it might be wise separating the Sensible from the downright stupid theories that we hear about.

Overall prity nice style (there are some areas I would work on more) but a good foundation to kick start your site. Nice work. :)

Lykke likes this.
  17. Lykke

Lykke Well-Known Member

Thank you :)

And yup =) I did list up some scenarios - and we are using thread prefix' too. The thing is, there are almost as many doomsday scenarios as there are people - so I listed some of the most well-known ones ^^

I know that 'doomsday' is having a kind of 'bs-we're-now-all-eaten-by-zombies' kind of sound to it (nothing wrong with that, if that's what you're afraid off ....) - but we also have the following domains pointing to it:

SCANDINAVIANSURVIVAL.COM
    SCANDINAVIANPREPPERS.COM
    EUROPEANDOOMSDAYPREPPERS.COM
    EUDOOMSDAY.COM
    EUSURVIVAL.COM
    EUROPEANPREPPERS.COM

We used the word 'Doomsday' because of the recent *Doomsday Preppers* serie on National Geographic.

The forum is very young, but I'm amazed to see the activity already and hope it will grow strong and wise (there are plenty of really neat info about surviving already ... and soon to be more).

=)

18. Slavik

But... wouldn't the "largest" ones pretty much guarantee the total extermination of life on earth and put a situation where even if you were prepped to the max it wouldn't make a difference?

19. Lykke

Lykke Well-Known Member

A my bad English - I meant 'most known' or speculated ones - and not largest =) Sorry

20. Ferryman

Ferryman Member

You honestly think that stuff is going to happen?:ROFLMAO: