Wrong UTC time

daimpa

Hello, I've a Centos server and I noticed that UTC time is wrong. For example now it's 15.36 UTC and my server shows 16.10 UTC. I've read that it depends on the configuration of the server, I'll check how to fix this, but how should I proceed with xenforo? Old dates will be updated automatically? Should I disable the board for 34mins before changing the time on the server?

Thanks!

• You can run this to correct your server timezone:
Code:
ln -sf /usr/share/zoneinfo/Asia/Manila /etc/localtime
ntpdate 0.us.pool.ntp.org

• Then your php.ini should also have something like this:
Code:
date.timezone = Asia/Manila

• /admin.php?options/list/basicBoard
  • Guests' Time Zone

Hi, thanks For your reply. Considering that my problem is not only the timezone but the time itself as there's no timezone utc+0.34, this will fix everything? Also, if data are stored in the database with the current time, when I fix it for the server it would be like the clock goes 34mins behind. I don't expect old dates to be updated automatically, so what happens?

Considering that my problem is not only the timezone but the time itself as there's no timezone utc+0.34, this will fix everything?

You can then use the "date" command after that to set the exact time. As far as database entries, yes, they are likely to be a little wonky. You might see posts with times in the future, etc. But any new entries will be correct.

Top Bottom