MG 1.0 Wrong Album-URLs after changing Name of Domain

vFranky

Hello,

I am actually using vBulletin with vBseo. But I want to switch to XenForo. So I have created a XenForo test forum under a domain name like x.<domain>.com. I additionally installed XenForo Media Gallery and imported everything from vBulletin. It works. Album pictures used in (old) postings are visible.

The I make the test to switch the Server-URL from x.<domain>.com to www.<domain>.com and changed the internet adress in XenForo also to www.<domain>.com. Again everything works fine. But the album pictures in postings are no longer visible, the path is not found (<domain>/members/<username-albums-....jpg>.

I searched for a path variable for XenForo Media Gallery, but I found nothing.

Any idea why the change of the domain name corrupts album pictures in posting? :(
Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,
Frank

Thing is if they are in the post content and they are links to files on the file system there's not a lot we can do.

Options include leaving the old files where they are (though you would still need to update or at least redirect the domain to the new one), using an add on to import them as attachments before deleting the old files or using the Post Content Find and Replace add on to redirect the links somehow though this option isn't likely to be possible as the XF file structure is completely different.

Thank you very much.

@Brogan: Yes, I have updated the Board URL in the ACP.

@Chris D: The album import from vBulletin to XenForo to my test domain (x.<domain>.com) works fine. No problem with album pictures in postings. BUT if I change the domain name to www.<domain>.com the album pictures in postings are gone.

Do I have to import from vBulletin to XenForo directly to the installation under the correct domain name with no change after it? It seems so.

Top Bottom