WP or XF to display your articles?

Divinum Fiat

Hi All,

Does anyone here use their XF community to write their articles and get member feedback, rather than using WP with the option for people to comment on your articles?

I have tried both. Keeping articles on my WP site and allowing for comments, which quickly became way too much work. It also made my community members having to remember to check my WP site. Then I stopped writing articles on WP and used XF to post my articles but that left my WP portion 'naked' and somewhat inactive.

I'm trying to find others who have found a middle ground to making proper use of WP while also getting people to be more inclined to become members and join the discussion there.

Would love to hear how you do it, what you post where and if you wouldn't mind linking to your WP and XF sites so I can admire your smarts, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Hi All,

Does anyone here use their XF community to write their articles and get member feedback, rather than using WP with the option for people to comment on your articles?

I have tried both. Keeping articles on my WP site and allowing for comments, which quickly became way too much work. It also made my community members having to remember to check my WP site. Then I stopped writing articles on WP and used XF to post my articles but that left my WP portion 'naked' and somewhat inactive.

I'm trying to find others who have found a middle ground to making proper use of WP while also getting people to be more inclined to become members and join the discussion there.

Would love to hear how you do it, what you post where and if you wouldn't mind linking to your WP and XF sites so I can admire your smarts, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Hi,

Take a look at XenWord by @LPH it will bridge the two (WP and XF).
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xenword-pro.2775/

AMS addon by bob. Nothing else compares.

Xenaddons.com

Thank you all! I can't seem to find the AMS add-on in action here on XF or on their website. Don't want to register just to see what it is. Does anyone know where to see it in action?

I've found no good middle ground, but I do use WordPress because of its superior presentation ability. Actually I've been trying to de-emphasize my forum because dealing with the people is too much of a hassle.

Top Bottom