WOW what am i doing so wrong!?

Stimo

All my permissions seems to be messed up! Everything is now going into moderation, from recent statuses, new posts, media videos. Please please please help me, if someone could show me pictures of how it should be set up it would be greatful!

There is no "this is how a site should be set up", as that will differ per community.

However, I tend to leave absolutely everybody in the Registered group, use Registered to assign default permissions, and then only assign any permissions that differ from those to the relevant groups. This greatly reduces the amount of work required to get things setup.

Worst case, for a total reset, hit the "Not Set (No)" button at the top to reset all permissions for all individual groups, and then reassign the rights starting with Registered, and working your way onward from there. Turn off your board before you do, though, as the reset will mean permissions will seem even more screwed up while you work).

Brogan's posted some good advice on this previously.

Set your registered users group to have the minimum permissions you want everyone to have and then use the additional usergroups to adjust only those permissions you want to be different.

The thing is I have registered group, f1 drivers, moderating, administrative (f1 drivers have a private sections)

Set the driver node or category to private. Then assign permissions to the node accordingly (I.e. can view is set to no for registered users, but to yes for the drivers).

If it can wait until tonight, I can have a look at it for you then.

Set the driver node or category to private. Then assign permissions to the node accordingly (I.e. can view is set to no for registered users, but to yes for the drivers).

If it can wait until tonight, I can have a look at it for you then.
This would be great, do you have skype? add me on stimo123

Top Bottom