Add-on Would this add-on be Possible?

Crucible

I was hoping of adding a sort of "Featured Thread" add-on to my forum.

Mods or Administrators would be able to make any thread Featured. When this happens the thread would appear above sticky threads in all categories.

Would something like this be possible?

I made a quick mock-up of the desired look.
Featured Add-On.webp

Last edited:
It's already possible if you're happy to use Thread prefixes to do the featuring.

There's a widget that'll display all threads based on a specified prefix. Create a Featured prefix and add the widget to the template where you want it.

When you want to feature a thread, set the prefix to Featured.

That's exactly how we're using it.

It's already possible if you're happy to use Thread prefixes to do the featuring.

There's a widget that'll display all threads based on a specified prefix. Create a Featured prefix and add the widget to the template where you want it.

When you want to feature a thread, set the prefix to Featured.

That's exactly how we're using it.

Thank you for the reply. I had figured there must have been something. I knew vb had like an announcement feature and was unsure if xenforo had something similar.

Thank you. Yes this looks feature rich, but I think I would only need a more simplified version, probably need to hire someone to provide customization's as well.

Widgets being built in are new to XF2 (which isn't officially released yet but you can download the beta version).

If you wanted it for XF1, it might need some custom work but to be honest, I'd focus on XF2 now.

Top Bottom