Would it be useful if all new posts were on one side and replies on the other ?

Digital Doctor

IDEA: posts with quotes (replies to a specific post) appear "on the right" The poster's avatar could also appear on the right side (option?).

It's like the new ideas would be on the left and the replies (posts with quotes) would be on the right.

See the difference between the third (usual reply with quote) and fourth (idea) posts below to see what I mean.
== Benefits ===
If you were quickly reading a thread ... you might pay more attention to the left.

Hmmmm ... unfortunately my immediate reaction is a resounding "nope, doesn't work for me" - but then a full thread's worth of visual might help illustrate it a bit better - maybe mock a more substantial visual up when you get a bit of spare time, perhaps use a thread here on XF.com as an example so people can see them sort of side-by-side?

IDEA: posts with quotes (replies to a specific post) appear "on the right" The poster's avatar could also appear on the right side (option?).

It's like the new ideas would be on the left and the replies (posts with quotes) would be on the right.

See the difference between the third (usual reply with quote) and fourth (idea) posts below to see what I mean.
== Benefits ===
If you were quickly reading a thread ... you might pay more attention to the left.

I think this is called Reddit now :)

I forgot about this micro-idea. I like it and I don't. Almost 5 years later, of course I have better ideas for the "Digestible content" problems in non-threaded threads.

Top Bottom