1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would it be useful if all new posts were on one side and replies on the other ?

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Digital Doctor, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

IDEA: posts with quotes (replies to a specific post) appear "on the right" The poster's avatar could also appear on the right side (option?).

It's like the new ideas would be on the left and the replies (posts with quotes) would be on the right.

See the difference between the third (usual reply with quote) and fourth (idea) posts below to see what I mean.
    == Benefits ===
    If you were quickly reading a thread ... you might pay more attention to the left.

2. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

This is one of those ideas where a picture would paint a thousand words!! (y) (When you get back from work, of course ... :ROFLMAO: )

Digital Doctor likes this.
  3. Digital Doctor

Great point !

4. Digital Doctor

replies.to.the.right.new.posts.to.the.left.jpg
    Reply quotes would be to the right (as pictured above)​

5. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Hmmmm ... unfortunately my immediate reaction is a resounding "nope, doesn't work for me" - but then a full thread's worth of visual might help illustrate it a bit better - maybe mock a more substantial visual up when you get a bit of spare time, perhaps use a thread here on XF.com as an example so people can see them sort of side-by-side?

6. Digital Doctor

Yea. There are some visual tradeoffs.​
    Lemme Keep hashing it out. :)

7. Digital Doctor

Heh.
    Look what happens when I right justify the quote !
    :)

8. 0xym0r0n

0xym0r0n Well-Known Member

Just add a sort option for lates first?