Would anyone be interested...

Russ

Would anyone be interested in possibly a small community dedicated towards developing styles? The idea behind it would be it's ran by XenForo, and we basically work together on debugging styles for developers. It'd be a public XenForo forum where styles that developers are working on could be displayed on the forum to clean out the bugs and give recommendations.

I've been contemplating on a project like this since XenForo launched but wanted to wait a bit to see how the style section would advance. The end result is the style would still be posted in the XenForo style section, but this way before you go live with the template you can get some last bit of advice or recommendations.

Thoughts at all? Many details to roll out and work on but the general concept is above :)

P.S. I'm not looking for a partner to fund the project as the funding would be backed by me however I am looking to see if there is a general interest in something like this.

Just jump in and start the community, that is the best way to find out who will join with you.

Typically I would do this and more than likely will be setting it up a community for this but wanted to do a tad bit of research and see how much interest lies in this idea.

Seems every designer out there already has a forum set up, so you are behind and the only way to catch up is to get one up and running.

Well, we look forward to your innovative approach, dump the link to the community in this thread to let us all know when you have it up.

Considering I've already gotten a couple quality PC's I hope that my first post was somewhat self-explanatory.

Oh .... I am interested :) there is no need to PC .. but I'm afraid your first post is your out loud thinking and not a clear direction :)

Oh .... I am interested :) there is no need to PC .. but I'm afraid your first post is your out loud thinking and not a clear direction :)

Details, methods and a routine can come when I actually get things moving, and yes you nailed it on the spot as my intention was to simply speak out loud. Should of made this into a poll with one of the options as "Give me more details" :)

Russ, and anyone else thinking of using what sounds like a super idea, be very careful putting designs and graphics up on a public site while in development. Not everyone is as honest as one could wish as numerous people have discovered in other forum communities.

Top Bottom