1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Working with multiple bbcode tags in one post.

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Cezz, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Hey hoping someone can help with this,

I am trying to change the bbcode shown if there is more than 1 instance of the code in the same post...

For example, say I wanted to display one template the first time the bbcode is used but want to show a different template for each consecutive use of it... Or if you wanted to show one template if the bbcode is used between 1-5 times but if they use more than 5 you use a different template (maybe a smaller block)

Is there any way of doing this?

What I want in short is to be able to #1 check how many times a bbcode block is used in a post and #2 know which block we are currently processing either at plugin level or template...

Really appreciate help with this!
  2. ragtek

ragtek Guest

3. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Thank you this is sort of what I want as it gives me the current count that I can then pass to the template, but any idea how I can the total count?

For example I want the first block that gets processed that there is 20 so it is 1/20... I can't see a way of doing that just using static variable... I guess I would need to count though them all before I render the tag, but I not sure if this would be possible... I do thank you for your help so far though this is amazing...