Won't fix [Workaroundable] unable to rename phrase title

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
R

ragtek

I can't save a already existing phrase, where i only changed some small chars to big chars in the title. (sorry don't know how it's called in english:D )

For example:

old phrasename: ragtek_NUNS_conversation_subject
new phrasename: ragtek_nuns_conversation_subject

errror: Phrase titles must be unique in a language. The specified phrase is already in use.

i think it's because the datawriter checks only if the title exists and it doesn't care of small/big chars

for the datawriter FOO is equal to foo so it's duplicate and it throws the error that it's not equal:(

PHP:
protected function _preSave()
    {
        if ($this->getOption(self::OPTION_CHECK_DUPLICATE))
        {
            if ($this->isChanged('title') || $this->isChanged('language_id'))
            {
                $existing = $this->_getPhraseModel()->getPhraseInLanguageByTitle($this->get('title'), $this->get('language_id'));
                if ($existing)
                {
                    $this->error(new XenForo_Phrase('phrase_titles_must_be_unique_in_language'), 'title');
                }
            }
        }
    }

I presume this is because phrase titles are case agnostic.

I suppose a workaround would be to rename the original phrase to something different and then once again with the upper case characters.

I presume this is because phrase titles are case agnostic.

I suppose a workaround would be to rename the original phrase to something different and then once again with the upper case characters.
case agnostic
that's what i was searching for, thx:)

i wish i wouldn't think so complicated^^
instead of doing this, i started debugging and searching for the problem^^

This can be worked around, though it introduces possibilities of weird behaviors with MySQL, particularly related to collations. The safest thing is to leave it as is, and do the a->b->A workaround.

Top Bottom