1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Wordwrap of adsense texts/ads

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by emmy, Jan 28, 2015.

1. emmy

emmy Active Member

Hello folks,

1. I have searched here and I believe the answers are somewhere in here but could not locate them?

I am looking for some advice on how to get text/quotes/pics to word wrap to the size of ad units placed on the locations below, or align properly with displaying a google adsense.

1. Ad_sidebar_below_ visitor_ panel (used 330x250 codes)

upload_2015-1-28_17-30-34.png

2. Ad_member_view_sidebar_bottom (330x250)

upload_2015-1-28_17-31-38.png

3. Ad_above_top_breadcrumb ( 728x90 )(works fine on desktop, but not in responsive view on my phone)

N/B Also, the texts are not wrapped probably in responsive look

2. Which template should I use to insert my code that would display ad after first message (outside first message) in the way it looks in DP site

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can't manipulate the ad units.

Ensure you are serving the correct sizes.

The link in my signature explains how.

emmy likes this.
  3. emmy

emmy Active Member

Thanks @Brogan - you have so many links on your signature - which of them are you referring to please? Can you provide a link instead?

4. Brogan

The one related to adsense...

5. emmy

emmy Active Member

Okay. But i don't seem to see any manipulation here. I probably need to see the sizes of ad units you can place in each locations?

6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I think what he meant was that you can't shrink the ads; you need to give the ads enough space to display or you need to choose a smaller ad unit.

emmy likes this.
  7. emmy

emmy Active Member

Thanks man for explaining this in further details. I have the ads showing well now on my forum for the ads size units, but they're not responsive when browsing my site on my phone. I have activated the responsive design and pixels set as provided by @Brogan on his signature. I must be honest i am not good with php. Do i have to add any conditional statement for this to be responsive. If yes - where can i add that? Do i need to use the Google responsive adsense unit instead? . Excuse any typo error here please i am using a phone. Thanks

8. emmy

emmy Active Member

Edit; i am using standard adsense unit 729 x 90 on the top and below head breadcrumb. They are showing great on the desktop but not responsive

9. Brogan

It is all explained in the resource.