• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.4 Wordpress

Hello,

1. Is there any way of embedding Xenforo to my Wordpress site. Basically, I have a site on the main URL and the forum on a subdomain. No, I don't want to bridge them or have the same header. All I want is to display "Latest or Popular threads" just below an Wordpress article or on the sidebar, and when a users clicks on a thread, it will send it to the forum. Nothing else.

2. Also, how to add Popular threads box below a thread, on the footer? (Is there any manual which shows which codes can be used on the footer sections).

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
1. There isn't anything built in that would allow this. Perhaps you could get away with using one of the XF RSS feeds if there's a way to pull that into WP (it may need an add-on). Otherwise, there would need to be a specific add-on to do this.

2. This would require an add-on/custom development.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
1. I am not aware of any. You'd need to search the resource manager as I don't follow them in detail. (If you're looking for a WP add-on to pull in a RSS feed, you'd need to search there; a JS plugin may do this as well.)

2. It's more than just code to add to a template. It needs PHP to source the details and thus would require a full add-on.