• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Wordpress Widget, last x xenForo Topics to WordPress widget area(s).

You can't run it cause it doesn't work.
It does work.

if you are getting the error about
: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'xenlastposts_control' was given in /home/*****/*******/********/wp-admin/includes/widgets.php on line 187
just click save and ignore the error. It seems that if on the options page you don't have the correct XenForo directory it throws an error. After the first error you will get a second error, again save and ignore it.

Then go back to the options screen and correct the XenForo directory.

If you still can't get it to load then go into the file xenlastposts.php line 100 and change
PHP:
$dbconfig    ='.'.$xendirectory."library/config.php";

to the following; using your full directory path, something like this....
PHP:
$dbconfig    = '/your/fulldirectorypath/public_html/beta/xf/library/config.php';

$dbconfig = '/home/eipsoftware/public_html/beta/xf/library/config.php';

Hope this helps.

It does work.

if you are getting the error about

just click save and ignore the error. It seems that if on the options page you don't have the correct XenForo directory it throws an error. After the first error you will get a second error, again save and ignore it.

Then go back to the options screen and correct the XenForo directory.

If you still can't get it to load then go into the file xenlastposts.php line 100 and change
PHP:
$dbconfig    ='.'.$xendirectory."library/config.php";

to the following; using your full directory path, something like this....
PHP:
$dbconfig    = '/your/fulldirectorypath/public_html/beta/xf/library/config.php';

$dbconfig = '/home/eipsoftware/public_html/beta/xf/library/config.php';

Hope this helps.

Tried this, but it didn't work for me. I did manage to get the widget title to show, that's all though.

I have a widget I wrote that I am thinking of releasing, it is more options but not sure if any one is really interested.

The css is very flexible allowing for any type of formatting you need to match your WP install.

Attachments

• lastpost.webp
    lastpost.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 79
Tried this, but it didn't work for me. I did manage to get the widget title to show, that's all though.
Sorry it didn't work for you. If you want some help to try and make it work let me know., although I am not the orginial author and can't make any guarantees.

I have a widget I wrote that I am thinking of releasing, it is more options but not sure if any one is really interested.

The css is very flexible allowing for any type of formatting you need to match your WP install.
Wow that's really awesome! I want it! *raises hand*

please share if possible :)

I'm use rss for this.... in my sites.

games.tecnogaming.com and hardware.tecnogaming.com

The icon oranje on the right.

Yes and No.

Yes, you can get it installed by first going into the php file and making changes to line 18. Make sure that the directory is set correctly before you upload the file and before you activate it.

Next, you need to set the option for private to no.

It doesn't work well because all forum posts will show - including deleted posts.

This is most likely due to this sql statement:

Code:
SELECT `title`, `thread_id` FROM `xf_thread` ORDER BY `last_post_date`

I haven't tried it but maybe a where discussion_state=1 is needed :)

Yep - that worked.

Top Bottom