WordPress Plugin: XenForo API Consumer [Deleted]

Hi there,

I'm wondering if there are any issues using this with buddypress at all, or if anyone has tested this with buddypress?

I'm also wondering if anyone has tested with s2member for wordpress? It's a membership signup plugin. One thing that it does do is take over the registration in wordpress, so I'm not sure if this would cause problems. I'll purchase anyway and do some testing, just wanted to see if anyone has a similar setup.

"* Note: The s2Member plugin has control over two options on this page.
Anyone Can Register = 0, and New User Default Role = subscriber.
For further details, see: s2Member -› General Options -› Open Registration
"

Hi there,

I'm wondering if there are any issues using this with buddypress at all, or if anyone has tested this with buddypress?

I'm also wondering if anyone has tested with s2member for wordpress? It's a membership signup plugin. One thing that it does do is take over the registration in wordpress, so I'm not sure if this would cause problems. I'll purchase anyway and do some testing, just wanted to see if anyone has a similar setup.

"* Note: The s2Member plugin has control over two options on this page.
Anyone Can Register = 0, and New User Default Role = subscriber.
For further details, see: s2Member -› General Options -› Open Registration
"
Personally I haven't tested buddypress. Haven't had any report regarding it either. Sorry.

Would there be any way in future versions to have some of the options that are currently given in Wordpress, selectable from Xenforo instead? So that the Wordpress plugin could be distributed to users, and things like assigning forums for posts to go into could be done by admins at the Xenforo end?

Also, would there be any way of having posts sync as they happen rather than on a Cron? I realise that'd increase server load, but I'd find it to be worth it, and others may too.

Great addon though, my members are (mostly) loving it already :)

Would there be any way in future versions to have some of the options that are currently given in Wordpress, selectable from Xenforo instead? So that the Wordpress plugin could be distributed to users, and things like assigning forums for posts to go into could be done by admins at the Xenforo end?

Also, would there be any way of having posts sync as they happen rather than on a Cron? I realise that'd increase server load, but I'd find it to be worth it, and others may too.

Great addon though, my members are (mostly) loving it already :)
Unfortunately the XenForo option it not possible as you described. It will need some kind of special entry point and all WordPress sites post to that, then XenForo admin can direct contents to different forums. A bit over complicated but it may suit your need?

The sync system is being improved. Stay tuned for next version ;)

Unfortunately the XenForo option it not possible as you described. It will need some kind of special entry point and all WordPress sites post to that, then XenForo admin can direct contents to different forums. A bit over complicated but it may suit your need?
Thanks - if we do this though, and the user selects "Thread from Xenforo to Wordpress" they'll get dozens of draft posts of other people's stuff in their Wordpress, won't they?
If we were to modify the plugin to remove some options and fix their values, we'd be editing templates/dashboard_options.php, right? Might be a dumb question but I'm somewhat new to Wordpress plugins :)

There should be no difference between new accounts and existing account. Please test it again to confirm your theory. It would be helpful if you can give me two account credentials to test myself (via conversation of course).

For re-authorization, you may want to do this to make it faster.

I have set up all things according to manual, but I dont have [bd] API in my Xenforo AdminCP > Tools. What would be wrong?

also, I have an error when trying to log out from WP site

{"errors":["You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."],"debug":{"debug_url":"\/api\/index.php?tools\/logout&oauth_token=1138%2C1401459350%2Cdc8dc3e547b46e707c05d0ab21083743%2Cnyfwgr0u0i&redirect_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fblablabla-testblog.kdv.loc&_debug=1","page_time":0.1358699798584,"memory_usage":6407304,"db_queries":10},"system_info":{"visitor_id":1138,"time":1401459340}}

Last edited:
I have set up all things according to manual, but I dont have [bd] API in my Xenforo AdminCP > Tools. What would be wrong?

also, I have an error when trying to log out from WP site

{"errors":["You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."],"debug":{"debug_url":"\/api\/index.php?tools\/logout&oauth_token=1138%2C1401459350%2Cdc8dc3e547b46e707c05d0ab21083743%2Cnyfwgr0u0i&redirect_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fblablabla-testblog.kdv.loc&_debug=1","page_time":0.1358699798584,"memory_usage":6407304,"db_queries":10},"system_info":{"visitor_id":1138,"time":1401459340}}
Looks like you haven't installed [bd] API. Please note that you have to install one XenForo add-on and one WordPress plugin for the bridge to work.

How would this work if the Wordpress site has Disqus, or Livefyre etc installed? Would they be compatible?
Disqus and other external commenting system doesn't use WordPress user database so this bridge should not interfere with those systems. But they don't work together either.

Looks like you haven't installed [bd] API. Please note that you have to install one XenForo add-on and one WordPress plugin for the bridge to work.
I have installed both parts. But it doesn't meter, because I've allready use another bridge. Reason: your sollution doesn't support immediate sync after post created.
By the way, do you know how to export WP users into Xen? wp: 3.9.1 Xenforo: 1.3.2 (they changed alot after 1.1 version)
Allso, I wonder is it possible to get replyes count into wp widget.
Best regards)

Last edited:
@xfrocks Can you please give some information about the future development of this plugin. It's been awfully quiet and no updates?

I hear he's got a version that syncs immediately, but it's a resource hog so he's not releasing it yet.
I'd be interested to hear just how hard it is on resources, as my server's huge relative to my traffic so it might handle it anyway.

I just noticed that my permission for [bd] API: Create Client is set to No for many of my user groups. What does this do? I'm trying to see figure out an issue on some of my members not being able to get to my WP site and wondered if this might be the reason ....

Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to _xfac_login_renderAssociateForm() must be an instance of WP_User, boolean given, called in public_html/wp-content/plugins/xenforo-api-consumer/includes/ui/login.php on line 104 and defined in public_html/wp-content/plugins/xenforo-api-consumer/includes/ui/login.php on line 254

Top Bottom