WordPress Plugin: XenForo API Consumer [Deleted]

WordPress 4 has been released today and has been tested to work with this bridge solution. Some important cookie/session implementation has been changed within the core WordPress but I haven't found any problem with the plugin.

I actually have several issues...
neither redirecting to the forum from the wp-admin site works, nor am i logged into xenforo, when i am logged in in wp, and i also can't get into the admin area of wp when i am logged into xenforo...

I actually have several issues...
neither redirecting to the forum from the wp-admin site works, nor am i logged into xenforo, when i am logged in in wp, and i also can't get into the admin area of wp when i am logged into xenforo...
Okie, let's go to solve it one by one. Have you been able to configure the WordPress plugin? After entering the API root, key and secret, the options show up? Do you see list of forums in WordPress options page? Best to take a screenshot if possible too.

seems like some of the settings reset. but things i noticed while testing: if i log out in xenforo, i stay logged in wp, even if i activate login synch. when i log in on xenforo and then go to wp, i need to log in again before i can get into the admin area. the other way around, if i log in wp and then go to xenforo, it does log me in automatically, or it does not for all wp network sites. lets just say, it all behaves very erratically. in between the automatic log in in the forums did not work either. could it be that the authentication system of the wp network changed somewhat and that may throw of the bridge?

seems like some of the settings reset. but things i noticed while testing: if i log out in xenforo, i stay logged in wp, even if i activate login synch. when i log in on xenforo and then go to wp, i need to log in again before i can get into the admin area. the other way around, if i log in wp and then go to xenforo, it does log me in automatically, or it does not for all wp network sites. lets just say, it all behaves very erratically. in between the automatic log in in the forums did not work either. could it be that the authentication system of the wp network changed somewhat and that may throw of the bridge?
It was by design to not log out of WordPress when the XenForo session ends because it may raise questions amongst users. It can be done with a simple option.

When you logged into XenForo and go to WordPress, you should not be asked to logged in though. Or some option is not enabled.

When you log into WordPress, it actually does a redirect to log you into XenForo. So it works right.

If you are using multi site setup, it should work without issue.

A question, does it play well with Disqus? (seeing that it's using the API)
It works with the Disqus plugin installed but it doesn't do much together because Disqus requires user to register on their site anyway.

Hi...i keep getting this error
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined function mcrypt_encrypt() - library/bdApi/Crypt.php:86

can anyone help...thanks

Hi...i keep getting this error
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined function mcrypt_encrypt() - library/bdApi/Crypt.php:86

can anyone help...thanks
It's a required for [bd] API add-on as stated on the resource page and on the README file. You need to have PHP mcrypt extension installed on your server. This is required for high security transactions.

Top Bottom