WordPress Plugin: XenForo API Consumer [Deleted]

I installed this a few days ago and it works great. The only problem for me is I installed wordpress at mysite.com/blog but I wanted the wordpress to act like a homepage.

I thought the setting inside xenforo admin panel to change the default homepage would allow me to set my blog up as the homepage.
XenForo option has no effect on WordPress. You just move the WordPress installation to site root and it should work.

Sorry, you got any problem?

Indeed! Although we were able to install it on a test site running 1.3 beta, we cannot get it installed on our live site running 1.3. Server error every time. No logs are being generated anywhere, so it's hard to know what's happening. I'd be happy to purchase some paid support. Submitted a ticket to XF to ask if there was a way to install an addon via command line instead of the ACP XML uploader, but it seems there's not. :<

Indeed! Although we were able to install it on a test site running 1.3 beta, we cannot get it installed on our live site running 1.3. Server error every time. No logs are being generated anywhere, so it's hard to know what's happening. I'd be happy to purchase some paid support. Submitted a ticket to XF to ask if there was a way to install an addon via command line instead of the ACP XML uploader, but it seems there's not. :<
What server error are you having? And why do you want to install it via CLI?

How many posts do you have @taylor_smith ?

Over 1.6 million. But our server is robust:

Dual Intel L5420 2.5 Ghz (Quad Core)
Port Speed: 100 Mbps (10 TB Bandwidth)
Operating System: Centos 6
Hard Drive #1: 500GB Sata Western Digital Black
Hard Drive #2: 500GB Sata Western Digital Black
Hard Drive #3: 500GB Sata Western Digital Black
Hard Drive #4: 500GB Sata Western Digital Black

Over 1.6 million. But our server is robust:

Dual Intel L5420 2.5 Ghz (Quad Core)
Port Speed: 100 Mbps (10 TB Bandwidth)
Operating System: Centos 6
Hard Drive #1: 500GB Sata Western Digital Black
Hard Drive #2: 500GB Sata Western Digital Black
Hard Drive #3: 500GB Sata Western Digital Black
Hard Drive #4: 500GB Sata Western Digital Black
If put into a MySQL transaction, all kind of server will die without care. Please run this query before installing the add-on and try again.

Code:
ALTER TABLE `xf_post` ADD COLUMN `bdapi_origin` VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT ''

@xfrocks I have send you messages on your forums, but I don't get a response. The bridge isn't working and I can't figure out where the problem lies.

@xfrocks I have send you messages on your forums, but I don't get a response. The bridge isn't working and I can't figure out where the problem lies.
Lost some email in the other days, probably yours was one of them. Sorry for that :( I have responded to your question.

If put into a MySQL transaction, all kind of server will die without care. Please run this query before installing the add-on and try again.

Code:
ALTER TABLE `xf_post` ADD COLUMN `bdapi_origin` VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT ''

This worked! You have restored my faith in technology. Thanks very much! :D

Question: Does this let me create discussion threads for new front page posts? For example, could I have it create "This is a discussion thread for the post written on the front page" and allow me to include some code on the WordPress side that will automatically link to that thread and show the correct number of comments?

I don't want user integration at all--will this allow me to create discussion threads without users being tied together?

Also, can I do the above with multiple WordPress sites all going to the same forum?

Thanks @xfrocks

Question: Does this let me create discussion threads for new front page posts? For example, could I have it create "This is a discussion thread for the post written on the front page" and allow me to include some code on the WordPress side that will automatically link to that thread and show the correct number of comments?

I don't want user integration at all--will this allow me to create discussion threads without users being tied together?

Also, can I do the above with multiple WordPress sites all going to the same forum?

Thanks @xfrocks
It creates thread and sync comments. If you only want the link, you need to wait for next version.

You can create thread without user integration. But you will need to associate at least one user (to have posting permission at XenForo).

Yes, you can bridge many WordPress sites to one XenForo site.

Reactions: IPF
It creates thread and sync comments. If you only want the link, you need to wait for next version.

You can create thread without user integration. But you will need to associate at least one user (to have posting permission at XenForo).

Yes, you can bridge many WordPress sites to one XenForo site.
So, after the next version, I can use this to create just the thread with a "News Bot" xenForo account for all FP posts?

And the API provides links that I can embed in the WordPress template to link directly to the correct comment thread?

Top Bottom