WordPress Plugin: XenForo API Consumer [Deleted]

Okay, I need your advice, Mr. @xfrocks, on two options.

Background

I have three sites:
  • XenForo community
  • WordPress multisite network
  • WordPress stand-alone site
Eventually, the stand-alone site will be integrated into the multisite network, but this could take months. I have a couple options for linking, but I don't want to break anything. Need advice.

Option 1 (Preferable)
  1. Link XenForo to WordPress network
  2. Link XenForo to WordPress stand-alone site
  3. Several months later, integrate WordPress stand-alone site into network
Will that break stuff?

Option 2 (Safer?)
  1. Only link XenForo to WordPress network
  2. Several months later, integrate WordPress stand-alone site into network, which is linked

It would obviously be preferable to have both sites linked to XenForo, but it's unclear to me if trying to integrate them later will break stuff.

Okay, I need your advice, Mr. @xfrocks, on two options.

Background

I have three sites:
  • XenForo community
  • WordPress multisite network
  • WordPress stand-alone site
Eventually, the stand-alone site will be integrated into the multisite network, but this could take months. I have a couple options for linking, but I don't want to break anything. Need advice.

Option 1 (Preferable)
  1. Link XenForo to WordPress network
  2. Link XenForo to WordPress stand-alone site
  3. Several months later, integrate WordPress stand-alone site into network
Will that break stuff?

Option 2 (Safer?)
  1. Only link XenForo to WordPress network
  2. Several months later, integrate WordPress stand-alone site into network, which is linked

It would obviously be preferable to have both sites linked to XenForo, but it's unclear to me if trying to integrate them later will break stuff.
I would go with option 1. Worst case scenario: those users from stand-alone site (now merged into network) will have to connect their account again.

No - it's still there?
Strange, the link gave me 404 before. It works now.
Looks like you used featured image or similar functionality therefore the image is not included in the actual post body. Therefore it cannot make it to XenForo. Please try again by inserting some image directly in post, it should work that way.

Strange, the link gave me 404 before. It works now.
Looks like you used featured image or similar functionality therefore the image is not included in the actual post body. Therefore it cannot make it to XenForo. Please try again by inserting some image directly in post, it should work that way.

Any way of getting it to pull featured image at all in next update?

How feature image show up in your WordPress post depends on the theme (the image is not attached directly as a part of the post). Therefore it's hard to decide where to insert it in XenForo thread. I would say it won't be included.

xfrocks is correct. The featured image is not included in the post but attached to the post. annoying detail but true. Try putting the image right at the top of your post with your post editor and it should pull it in friend.

I can't speak for Makeral, but a lot of WP styles will only add images to the home page if you use a featured image. So unless I am adding additional images to my post, there will always be a featured image so it shows on the home page. Not a huge deal for me, but a nice to have.

I can't speak for Makeral, but a lot of WP styles will only add images to the home page if you use a featured image. So unless I am adding additional images to my post, there will always be a featured image so it shows on the home page. Not a huge deal for me, but a nice to have.
Hmm, yeah, maybe I will add an option for that.

I've been trying for about 6 hours to install the API plugin. All files have been uploaded and re-uploaded, but my server is timing out over and over again.

Server Details

Dual Intel L5420 2.5 Ghz (Quad Core)
Port Speed: 100 Mbps (10 TB Bandwidth)
Operating System: Centos 6
Hard Drive #1: 500GB Sata Western Digital Black
Hard Drive #2: 500GB Sata Western Digital Black
Hard Drive #3: 500GB Sata Western Digital Black
Hard Drive #4: 500GB Sata Western Digital Black

Timeouts

We've tried installed by uploading the .xml and by pointing to the location on the server. Every time, we hit a timeout error: http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img22/9533/np3d.png. During install, about 10% CPU usage and 7% memory usage on the whole server.

We tried with Chrome, IE11, and FireFox. We increased the memory limit, as well as lock_wait_.

My Internet speed right now (per speedtest.net) is 58 Mbps down, 39 Mbps up.

I'm totally clueless.

I've been trying for about 6 hours to install the API plugin. All files have been uploaded and re-uploaded, but my server is timing out over and over again.

Server Details

Dual Intel L5420 2.5 Ghz (Quad Core)
Port Speed: 100 Mbps (10 TB Bandwidth)
Operating System: Centos 6
Hard Drive #1: 500GB Sata Western Digital Black
Hard Drive #2: 500GB Sata Western Digital Black
Hard Drive #3: 500GB Sata Western Digital Black
Hard Drive #4: 500GB Sata Western Digital Black

Timeouts

We've tried installed by uploading the .xml and by pointing to the location on the server. Every time, we hit a timeout error: http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img22/9533/np3d.png. During install, about 10% CPU usage and 7% memory usage on the whole server.

We tried with Chrome, IE11, and FireFox. We increased the memory limit, as well as lock_wait_.

My Internet speed right now (per speedtest.net) is 58 Mbps down, 39 Mbps up.

I'm totally clueless.
I have responded to your conversation at my site ;)

I installed this a few days ago and it works great. The only problem for me is I installed wordpress at mysite.com/blog but I wanted the wordpress to act like a homepage.

I thought the setting inside xenforo admin panel to change the default homepage would allow me to set my blog up as the homepage.

Top Bottom