Wordpress Help (Again)

Jeremy

in memoriam 1991-2020
OK, last time... But first things first: I hate this software. OK, here's the real problem. I have an plugin called "tpn-mail" on my site. (bit of background, it worked adn stopped working after a server reinstall). It has tpn-mail.php where it has the following first few lines:

PHP:
<?php
/*
Plugin Name: TPN Mail
Plugin URI: http://www.pittnews.com
Description: Send out emails of selected posts (note: requires sendmail to be installed and accessible to php)
Version: 0.1
Author: VP (*******@gmail.com)
Author URI: http://victorp.me
License: Copyright 2010 VP. All rights reserved.
*/

It worked on the "old" server, and i no longer can get it to show up in the back end. I even copied it into a different "plugin" and changed the title to "tpn-mailhatesme" and modified both the directory & file and it still doesn't show up. I'm at a loss. I tried messing with permissions, copying, renaming, etc... It is just THIS custom...

I would put various "debugging prints" around the code that loads the plugins to see where it fails.

In ./wp-admin/includes/plugin.php get_plugins()
PHP:
    foreach ( $plugin_files as $plugin_file ) {
        if ( !is_readable( "$plugin_root/$plugin_file" ) )
        {
            echo "Not readable" . print_r( $plugin_file, 1 );
            continue;
        }
        $plugin_data = get_plugin_data( "$plugin_root/$plugin_file", false, false ); //Do not apply markup/translate as it'll be cached.

if ( empty ( $plugin_data['Name'] ) )
        {
            echo "No name" . print_r( $plugin_file, 1 );
            continue;
        }
        $wp_plugins[plugin_basename( $plugin_file )] = $plugin_data;
    }

If it stopped working after a server reinstall, it might be a server configuration issue. I assume the plugin uses mail(). Does mail() work for you?

It uses SendMail which I reinstalled. The problem isn't the plugin working, it's that the software won't read that there IS a plugin. Martin, will that code print stuff out only in the backend or at somepoint in the front end?

It uses SendMail which I reinstalled. The problem isn't the plugin working, it's that the software won't read that there IS a plugin. Martin, will that code print stuff out only in the backend or at somepoint in the front end?
Did some quick tests, and it only uses that function in the admin area. Could wrap another if around it to check against your IP, just to be sure.

Thanks Martin. I only asked because I was on my phone. I'm about to test it now (this new boss is really on me for this one...).

Edit: Martin, it seems to be reading the directory but it doesn't seem to be listing the plugin... You wouldn't happen to have any ideas.

Top Bottom