Resource icon

WordPress Display Online Members 1.2.5b

No permission to download
Managed to get it up and running, but the numbers don't match up. The widget shows 114 people online, and the forum itself shows only 24 people online. It's not counting people ont the Wordpress blog, is it?

No. It doesn't count the people connected to the blog. Send me a link to your site and I can try and help out.

Managed to get it up and running, but the numbers don't match up. The widget shows 114 people online, and the forum itself shows only 24 people online. It's not counting people ont the Wordpress blog, is it?
When I looked, what it is showing is the guests online too. Members were 3 online; and 110 guests.
If you need some help with the styling let me know, I can help out.

It's showing guests and members, but they don't match up. The Wordpress blog shows 62 guests and the forum shows 20. A difference of a few wouldn't be a problem, but the current difference is too high. Is it working fine for yourself?

Wordpress blog
DEV We Are Pop Slags - Pop music videos, new songs, forums and interviews.webp

forum
UK's Pop Music Forum - We Are Pop Slags.webp

Is there a reason why it doesn't support the before/after widget options?

Code:
    register_sidebar(array(
        'name' => __('Homepage Sidebar 4', 'dba'),
        'description' => __('Homepage Sidebar 4', 'dba'),
        'id' => 'home_sidebar_4',
        'before_widget' => '<div class="widget_wrapper">',
        'after_widget' => '</div>',
        'before_title' => '<div class="widget_title"><h3>',
        'after_title' => '</h3></div>'
    ));

It also doesn't appear to play nice with other widget areas. For example I have 4 widget areas in my sidebar and it takes any widget areas underneath it and places them inside the eipWidgetOU div.

sidebar.webp

Hi DBA.
Hmmmm That is an interesting question. I am not sure why the closing div for the eipWidgetOU didn't occur before the last widget_wrapper.
The before_widget and after_widget are controlled by WordPress I've never had any issues with it.

It's showing guests and members, but they don't match up. The Wordpress blog shows 62 guests and the forum shows 20. A difference of a few wouldn't be a problem, but the current difference is too high. Is it working fine for yourself?

Wordpress blog
View attachment 39345

forum
View attachment 39346
Silvan that is absolutely very bizarre. I am using the same exact function that XF uses to show how many members and guests are logged in. I don't know if the function was updated recently in on of the dot releases; I don't think it was. I would need to look at it again.

I have the same problem...the users online tab from the forum vs the WP widget show significant differences. For some reason, the widget remembers the logged/online users even if they leave the site. If a registered user logs out using the log out button it will be properly removed but if he just leaves the site, it will stay there for a good amount of time. This is also valid for guests...is there a workaround to this? it's really annoying to see that much users on WP and on forum so few.

Hi DBA.
Hmmmm That is an interesting question. I am not sure why the closing div for the eipWidgetOU didn't occur before the last widget_wrapper.
The before_widget and after_widget are controlled by WordPress I've never had any issues with it.
style_forumonline.css change it like that:
HTML:
/* ---------------- BEGIN Online Users Sidebar Table            -----------------*/
div.eipWidgetOUShell
{
    clear:    both;
    float:    left;
    width: 100%;
    margin-top: 10px;
}
div.eipWidgetOUTopRow
{
    float:    left;
    border-bottom: solid 1px #d3d3d3;
}
div.eipWidgetOUTopRow a
{
    font-size: 18px;
    color:    #121212;
}

div.eipOUUserNames
{
    float:     left;
}
/* ---------------- END   Online Users Sidebar Table            -----------------*/

Top Bottom