As designed Word "Views" & "Replies" written in wron place in thread index

Mian Shahid

Hi, I noticed that the word Views and Replies were written wrong in thread lists either in side forum or from viewing New Post or Watched Threads as per below image
x3gDG2V.png

Kindly correct me if i am wrong :)

They aren't written wrong per se. It's the column header and they are simply designed so that if you click on Replies, it'll list the threads by order of how many replies they have. Clicking on Views will list them by order of how many views.

They aren't written wrong per se. It's the column header and they are simply designed so that if you click on Replies, it'll list the threads by order of how many replies they have. Clicking on Views will list them by order of how many views.
Thanks for this detail :)

It's a very minor issue. At first glance its a little confusing as the left and right aligned titles seem to be titles of two columns, when these are titles for one column. This can easily be resolved (if you find it necessary) by editing the template, left aligning 'views' and placing a | separator inbetween. This makes it look more intuitive.

It's a very minor issue. At first glance its a little confusing as the left and right aligned titles seem to be titles of two columns, when these are titles for one column. This can easily be resolved (if you find it necessary) by editing the template, left aligning 'views' and placing a | separator inbetween. This makes it look more intuitive.
100% agree.

For the location of the words, of course ;)

I was just being flippant - you asked to be told you were wrong, . . who was I to resist that? :D As @Martok explained, there is a valid reason for the placement :)
Actually you posted before Mike & Martok, so i like to know the reasons, it my be different from both "Ms". :)

For the location of the words, of course ;)
If titles are in default position then why the figures under their respected titles are wrong :D under Replies their is again word Replies & Views, and under Views their is two different figures, its confusing me :) so kindly explain in depth.

Thanks

Actually you posted before Mike & Martok, so i like to know the reasons, it my be different from both "Ms". :)

I know I did - the reason was I was being flippant because you asked to be corrected if you were wrong... so I told you that you were wrong :) The positioning of the words is the default layout - as it comes out of the tin, so to speak. The reason they're there @Martok covered so I don't see the point in repeating it.

If titles are in default position then why the figures under their respected titles are wrong :D under Replies their is again word Replies & Views, and under Views their is two different figures, its confusing me :) so kindly explain in depth.

Thanks

The two words across the top aren't two separate columns, so the Replies across the top isn't the title of the column with Replies/Views listed below it - nor is the Views text the title for the column with the figures. They're just the two words you can use as clickable searches for that single column (within threadlist) - everywhere else where they aren't clickable, I'd say it's just to keep it all the same across the site - view them as a single Title - Replies/Views as opposed to two separate entities..

Last edited:
I know I did - the reason was I was being flippant because you asked to be corrected if you were wrong... so I told you that you were wrong :) The positioning of the words is the default layout - as it comes out of the tin, so to speak. The reason they're there @Martok covered so I don't see the point in repeating it.

The two words across the top aren't two separate columns, so the Replies across the top isn't the title of the column with Replies/Views listed below it - nor is the Views text the title for the column with the figures. They're just the two words you can use as clickable searches for that single column (within threadlist) - everywhere else where they aren't clickable, I'd say it's just to keep it all the same across the site - view them as a single Title - Replies/Views as opposed to two separate entities..
Yes! that's much informative :) thanks.

The two words across the top aren't two separate columns, so the Replies across the top isn't the title of the column

actually this is why i started this thread, i think these tow words are extra and not related to entire seen, so their is no need to displaying those, may be. :D

Top Bottom