Resource icon

Word Search 1.0.2 A

No permission to download

Mike2020

Mike2020 submitted a new resource:

Word Search - word search is an old game that you would do on paper

Hi all

Here is another game script for you called word search.
This is a java based web app to give your users something to do and play.

With this add-on your users will be able to play a word search game and save there scores to this game.

You as the admin have the option to choose how the scores work,
here are the options when adding a new game.
Title:
Description:
Word List:
with this the words are put in like so ( word1,word2,word3 ) please do not put any spaces in this its to...

Read more about this resource...

I'm liking this so far. Found a bug though. I cannot complete the game because one of my words isn't in the search. See screenshot

HYPELIMNION is in the word search (starts at 7th H from the left on the top line, travelling diagonally down right)
however the word to find is HYPOLIMNION and that is not there. I have checked letter for letter.

Last edited:
Also I seem to be missing a word in the list and it doesn't let me finish the game???

I have completed it once. It seems to bug out trying to play it a second time or more.

Also I seem to be missing a word in the list and it doesn't let me finish the game???

I have completed it once. It seems to bug out trying to play it a second time or more.
will have a look into this it might be that i need to make the grid a little bigger as its doing the maths for this its self to make the grid.
So i will sort this out in the next release and get it up as soon as i can.
I will also be adding in challenge users in this as well

Im starting work on a cross word game next.

Then i will make a new add-on for a game center where you will be able to place all game add-ons into one place instead of having loads of navs taking up space.

employability,completed,unproportionate,addie,hypolimnion,summarily,telemetry,bite,habitacle,subinspector,isospondylous,drillmaster,transvestitism,nonsolvability,harshness,unslanting,ultranet,reconfrontation,italo,scotland

employability,completed,unproportionate,addie,hypolimnion,summarily,telemetry,bite,habitacle,subinspector,isospondylous,drillmaster,transvestitism,nonsolvability,harshness,unslanting,ultranet,reconfrontation,italo,scotland
thanks i will try this out and sort out a solution

thanks i will try this out and sort out a solution
On further testing from more unique games, the missing words in the lists is common. If you refresh the game enough times, you will get a full list eventually.

As for the word not matching the list, got no answer for that one.

On further testing from more unique games, the missing words in the lists is common. If you refresh the game enough times, you will get a full list eventually.

As for the word not matching the list, got no answer for that one.
will have a fix for this soon mate

If i create a category i get this bug, when i go to word search main page:

Mysqli prepare error: Table 'db295720_50.xf_quizmaster_category' doesn't exist

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 753
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchRow() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 441
  6. wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->GetLastGamebyID() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 702
  7. wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->mergePushableNodeData() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 680
  8. wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->pushNodeDataUpTree() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 771
  9. wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->getNodeListDisplayData() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 646
  10. wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->getNodeDataForListDisplay() in wordsearch/ControllerPublic/index.php at line 48
  11. wordsearch_ControllerPublic_index->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  12. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  13. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /kunden/295720_67550/DSHtest/index.php at line 13

3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 753
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchRow() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 441
  6. wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->GetLastGamebyID() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 702
  7. wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->mergePushableNodeData() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 680
  8. wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->pushNodeDataUpTree() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 771
  9. wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->getNodeListDisplayData() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 646
  10. wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->getNodeDataForListDisplay() in wordsearch/ControllerPublic/index.php at line 48
  11. wordsearch_ControllerPublic_index->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  12. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  13. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /kunden/295720_67550/DSHtest/index.php at line 13
ill have a look and get a fix out for you

Here is a new file for you as im working my night shift at moment
UPLOAD this to library/wordsearch/Model and let me know if this has fixed your problem,
and if so i will get the new version uploaded tomorrow morning.

Attachments

Good morning,

i´ve installed it on xf 1.4.4
One Category, one game and when i klick to see it in the frontend i get this error.

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'GC.id_category' in 'field list'

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 753
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchRow() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 362
    wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->GetLastGamebyID() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 623
    wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->mergePushableNodeData() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 601
    wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->pushNodeDataUpTree() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 692
    wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->getNodeListDisplayData() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 567
    wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->getNodeDataForListDisplay() in wordsearch/ControllerPublic/index.php at line 48
    wordsearch_ControllerPublic_index->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134

Top Bottom