• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Word Search 1.0.2 A

No permission to download

Mike2020

Mike2020 submitted a new resource:

Word Search - word search is an old game that you would do on paper

Hi all

Here is another game script for you called word search.
This is a java based web app to give your users something to do and play.

With this add-on your users will be able to play a word search game and save there scores to this game.

You as the admin have the option to choose how the scores work,
here are the options when adding a new game.
Title:
Description:
Word List:
with this the words are put in like so ( word1,word2,word3 ) please do not put any spaces in this its to...
Read more about this resource...

Phatcows

I'm liking this so far. Found a bug though. I cannot complete the game because one of my words isn't in the search. See screenshot

HYPELIMNION is in the word search (starts at 7th H from the left on the top line, travelling diagonally down right)
however the word to find is HYPOLIMNION and that is not there. I have checked letter for letter.

Last edited:

Phatcows

Also I seem to be missing a word in the list and it doesn't let me finish the game???

I have completed it once. It seems to bug out trying to play it a second time or more.

Mike2020

Also I seem to be missing a word in the list and it doesn't let me finish the game???

I have completed it once. It seems to bug out trying to play it a second time or more.
will have a look into this it might be that i need to make the grid a little bigger as its doing the maths for this its self to make the grid.
So i will sort this out in the next release and get it up as soon as i can.
I will also be adding in challenge users in this as well

Im starting work on a cross word game next.

Then i will make a new add-on for a game center where you will be able to place all game add-ons into one place instead of having loads of navs taking up space.

Phatcows

employability,completed,unproportionate,addie,hypolimnion,summarily,telemetry,bite,habitacle,subinspector,isospondylous,drillmaster,transvestitism,nonsolvability,harshness,unslanting,ultranet,reconfrontation,italo,scotland

Phatcows

thanks i will try this out and sort out a solution
On further testing from more unique games, the missing words in the lists is common. If you refresh the game enough times, you will get a full list eventually.

As for the word not matching the list, got no answer for that one.

If i create a category i get this bug, when i go to word search main page:

Mysqli prepare error: Table 'db295720_50.xf_quizmaster_category' doesn't exist

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 753
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchRow() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 441
  6. wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->GetLastGamebyID() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 702
  7. wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->mergePushableNodeData() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 680
  8. wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->pushNodeDataUpTree() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 771
  9. wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->getNodeListDisplayData() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 646
  10. wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->getNodeDataForListDisplay() in wordsearch/ControllerPublic/index.php at line 48
  11. wordsearch_ControllerPublic_index->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  12. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  13. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /kunden/295720_67550/DSHtest/index.php at line 13

Mike2020

3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 753
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchRow() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 441
  6. wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->GetLastGamebyID() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 702
  7. wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->mergePushableNodeData() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 680
  8. wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->pushNodeDataUpTree() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 771
  9. wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->getNodeListDisplayData() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 646
  10. wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->getNodeDataForListDisplay() in wordsearch/ControllerPublic/index.php at line 48
  11. wordsearch_ControllerPublic_index->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  12. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  13. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /kunden/295720_67550/DSHtest/index.php at line 13
ill have a look and get a fix out for you

Mike2020

Here is a new file for you as im working my night shift at moment
UPLOAD this to library/wordsearch/Model and let me know if this has fixed your problem,
and if so i will get the new version uploaded tomorrow morning.

Attachments

bt012ss

Good morning,

i´ve installed it on xf 1.4.4
One Category, one game and when i klick to see it in the frontend i get this error.

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'GC.id_category' in 'field list'

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 753
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchRow() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 362
    wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->GetLastGamebyID() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 623
    wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->mergePushableNodeData() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 601
    wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->pushNodeDataUpTree() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 692
    wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->getNodeListDisplayData() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 567
    wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->getNodeDataForListDisplay() in wordsearch/ControllerPublic/index.php at line 48
    wordsearch_ControllerPublic_index->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134