1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Word Search 1.0.2 A

word search is an old game that you would do on paper

1. Mike2020

Mike2020 Well-Known Member

Mike2020 submitted a new resource:

Word Search - word search is an old game that you would do on paper

Read more about this resource...

Mirovinger and dono like this.
  2. Mike2020

Mike2020 updated Word Search with a new update entry:

Word Search Install changes

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. Mike2020

4. Phatcows

Phatcows Active Member

I'm liking this so far. Found a bug though. I cannot complete the game because one of my words isn't in the search. See screenshot
    [​IMG]

HYPELIMNION is in the word search (starts at 7th H from the left on the top line, travelling diagonally down right)
    however the word to find is HYPOLIMNION and that is not there. I have checked letter for letter.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  5. Phatcows

Phatcows Active Member

Also I seem to be missing a word in the list and it doesn't let me finish the game???

[​IMG]

I have completed it once. It seems to bug out trying to play it a second time or more.

6. Phatcows

Phatcows Active Member

Fun addon though :)

7. Mike2020

will have a look into this it might be that i need to make the grid a little bigger as its doing the maths for this its self to make the grid.
    So i will sort this out in the next release and get it up as soon as i can.
    I will also be adding in challenge users in this as well

Im starting work on a cross word game next.

Then i will make a new add-on for a game center where you will be able to place all game add-ons into one place instead of having loads of navs taking up space.

LurkerLou, Jason M. and Phatcows like this.
  8. Mike2020

can you post your work list you put in so i can test this out

Phatcows likes this.
  9. Phatcows

Phatcows Active Member

employability,completed,unproportionate,addie,hypolimnion,summarily,telemetry,bite,habitacle,subinspector,isospondylous,drillmaster,transvestitism,nonsolvability,harshness,unslanting,ultranet,reconfrontation,italo,scotland

10. Mike2020

thanks i will try this out and sort out a solution

Phatcows likes this.
  11. Phatcows

Phatcows Active Member

On further testing from more unique games, the missing words in the lists is common. If you refresh the game enough times, you will get a full list eventually.

As for the word not matching the list, got no answer for that one.

12. Mike2020

will have a fix for this soon mate

13. Phatcows

Phatcows Active Member

No dramas, having fun with it on our test site :)

14. dannyfilth

dannyfilth Member

If i create a category i get this bug, when i go to word search main page:

Mysqli prepare error: Table 'db295720_50.xf_quizmaster_category' doesn't exist

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 753
    5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchRow() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 441
    6. wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->GetLastGamebyID() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 702
    7. wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->mergePushableNodeData() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 680
    8. wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->pushNodeDataUpTree() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 771
    9. wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->getNodeListDisplayData() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 646
    10. wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->getNodeDataForListDisplay() in wordsearch/ControllerPublic/index.php at line 48
    11. wordsearch_ControllerPublic_index->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
    12. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    13. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /kunden/295720_67550/DSHtest/index.php at line 13

15. Mike2020

ill have a look and get a fix out for you

16. Mike2020

Here is a new file for you as im working my night shift at moment
    UPLOAD this to library/wordsearch/Model and let me know if this has fixed your problem,
    and if so i will get the new version uploaded tomorrow morning.

Attached Files:

17. dannyfilth

dannyfilth Member

@Mike2020 Thank you, now the problem is fixed ;)

18. Mike2020

cool will get the new files uploaded tomorrow

dannyfilth likes this.
  19. Mike2020

Phatcows likes this.
  20. bt012ss

bt012ss Well-Known Member

Good morning,

i´ve installed it on xf 1.4.4
    One Category, one game and when i klick to see it in the frontend i get this error.

Code:
    Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'GC.id_category' in 'field list'

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
        Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
        Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
        Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 753
        Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchRow() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 362
        wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->GetLastGamebyID() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 623
        wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->mergePushableNodeData() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 601
        wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->pushNodeDataUpTree() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 692
        wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->getNodeListDisplayData() in wordsearch/Model/wordsearch.php at line 567
        wordsearch_Model_wordsearch->getNodeDataForListDisplay() in wordsearch/ControllerPublic/index.php at line 48
        wordsearch_ControllerPublic_index->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
        XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134

Maddrax and ToxicShade like this.