Word Press question.

jonsidneyb

I have never done anything with Word Press before so I am completely ignorant.

Can a forum integrated with Word Press do this?

Can there be a topic on Word Press that has an identical one in the forum where comments to the topic on Word Press appear in the forum and posts in a particular thread appear in the proper topic in Word Press?

I'd be interested in this too, in the same boat and have never used WP but am thinking about it to, hopefully, use in conjunction with XF.

hmmmm there is a mod for that in Vbulletin. I'm not sure if this forum allows me to give you links to VB stuff :D

hmmmm there is a mod for that in Vbulletin. I'm not sure if this forum allows me to give you links to VB stuff :D

That is the vB CMS that appears to have messed up recently.

If Word Press can do this with xF that will be good. If it can't I am sure that xenAdvanced will do what I am looking for.

I say get your money's worth. I know VB4 can do what you want, if you are lost, ask at the VB forum there are plenty of mods to do just that

I am not that happy with vB4.

I plan on moving the forum to xenForo. Just need to decide if WordPress or xenAdvanced is the best option for the same effect.

Oh excellent news, we use VBAdvanced on our site at the moment so it won't be something new to learn ... sorry but goodbye WP ;)

Xen .....Advanced? O_O

Please do not make a VBAdvanced copycat, Brian. I want a real content [management] system.

If xenAdvanced does what satisfies me, its goodbye to any idea of upgrading to VB4.

I have not used VBAdvanced but I assume it does the same things as the vB CMS, can promote articles from the forum.

Pretty much, way we have it working now is a dedicated sub-forum for articles and you can just configure the modules to display certain articles from it.

Pretty much, way we have it working now is a dedicated sub-forum for articles and you can just configure the modules to display certain articles from it.
I see that as a weakness. VBCMS allows you to post as if it was a blog (I said "as if" so don't get any ideas). And the "promote to CMS" works for me.

The other weakness is that all the content that you on the site usually disappears after a time has passed.

Top Bottom