Word of advice: Don't suggest users use two-step authentication...

kontrabass

So I posted a little notice advising users to use two-step authentication. Since then, customer service NIGHTMARE. If your users are savvy enough to use two-step, they'll do it on their own. The other folks have NO IDEA how the process works and will start all manner of threads complaining about it.

Just FYI. :coffee::coffee:

So I posted a little notice advising users to use two-step authentication. Since then, customer service NIGHTMARE. If your users are savvy enough to use two-step, they'll do it on their own. The other folks have NO IDEA how the process works and will start all manner of threads complaining about it.

Just FYI. :coffee::coffee:

I could see this happening on my forums. As a lot of the users are not tech savy, so I haven't even brought it up!

I enabled it on XF Liam because I'm obsessed with enabling everything (hey, I even added to to the Chrome HSTS preload list. Go and check if you want...), however it's a pain at Sixth Form, when I want to login...

I ended up enabling email confirmation here, just to be able to quickly check stuff.

I can see some users having troubles - someone really needs to create a detailed help page for it (and then release it as an add-on)...

Liam

In all honesty, I personally find 2FA overkill. Even as the admin, I'd probably just lurk than bother to log in.

I actually think it's a great addition to XF - I force our admins and mods to use it. (Previously we had Freddy's House 2FA add-on installed because I believe it's critical for admin accounts).

I *thought* our users would be up for it (I use 2-step auth at 9 sites from banking to gmail), but nope. Lol.

I know my board is targeted for hacking so I had to force all staff members to do this, it gives me much confident.

Top Bottom