Woot! Pricing and Release info :D

Kim

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/beta-release-date-and-pricing.3876/

Oh yeah baby!
ohyeah.gif

You're kidding, right? IPB and vBulletin are more expensive than XF. I don't know if I've ever even heard of any forum software that's $50.
exactly!

Imagine if it was that cheap, they'd get a lot more buyers (In my opinion), anything over $100 is too expensive for a "virtual" software (in my opinion), I'm sure big companies etc will buy it, but for young people, it's out of the equation :(

exactly!

Imagine if it was that cheap, they'd get a lot more buyers (In my opinion), anything over $100 is too expensive for a "virtual" software (in my opinion), I'm sure big companies etc will buy it, but for young people, it's out of the equation :(

I don't know how young you are, or what country you are in (which could be the problem here), but most youngsters around here can spunk that much in the pub over a weekend.

I think there would have been people who would have complained even if the price was $50. Xenforo has been set at precisely the right price point, taking into account what it is, who will buy it and what the competition charges for similar software. Taking everything into consideration, I would have paid up to $200 for the product. There is no substitute for quality and this is indeed quality.

The proof will be in the pudding and all will be revealed (to XF ltd) at Beta launch +25 hours. I have a feeling the guys will be very happy with their decision to develop, what is quite literally, the future of online forums.

This is the start of a very exciting journey....

yeah, exactly, I suppose the reason phpbb is so big is because it's free.

If I were the developers, I'd take a different approach to making money - mods rather then people purchasing the software.

So, you would be happy to work flat out for about a year, and get a mate to do the same, to produce a top-mark script and release it for free?

Without worrying about how you, your mate and associated wives/partners and kids are going to keep a roof over their heads and food in their mouths?

Good luck with that, don't forget to come back and tell us when you're launching your free software. :)

Top Bottom