Wonder if AVForums gonna rls their own ad manager

surfsup

Since they released the competitions (which is awesome btw) - I really like how the adverts are setup on avforums currently, so I wonder if their going to use something like widget framework or maybe create their own?

I would definitely donate if they are. @Stuart Wright maybe? :D

We don't have an ad manager as such. We use DFP.
If you've got a reasonable size forum, you need something sophisitcated enough to serve specific adverts to people from the UK, 3 times per day each maximum, in specific forums only and predicting whether or not the campaign will deliver the required impressions over a set period of time.
So the ad banners addon allows us to set up the script on the page to make the appropriate calls to DFP and send the appropriate targeting parameters.

Stuart, we use DFP also. How are you handling responsive ads? This is a new area for us. Thanks!

Ray

We don't have an ad manager as such. We use DFP.
If you've got a reasonable size forum, you need something sophisitcated enough to serve specific adverts to people from the UK, 3 times per day each maximum, in specific forums only and predicting whether or not the campaign will deliver the required impressions over a set period of time.
So the ad banners addon allows us to set up the script on the page to make the appropriate calls to DFP and send the appropriate targeting parameters.
We use another ad server for management, I basically meant for where your placing the advertisements throughout the forum itself.

Example, there is robbo's ad manager where we can easily place ad code and then choose from a huge list of areas we want that specific banner to be shown.

Problem is that it doesnt work with 1.2+ in numerous areas and no other addons can duplicate it - none that I know of.

Would be awesome to have a resource like that so we can easily copy our ad code (or even if its just adsense) into all the ad areas. On Avforums I notice many ad placements - thats all the areas we would need :P

DFP can serve adsense ads, but my sales team deal with that, so I don't know how.
Anyhow it would be up to Chris to release the addon.

Top Bottom