Women/Men That Lie About Their Age

Vicky

Thoughts?...

I own my age I think I look damn good for my age... I'll be turning 37 in about 3 months. I dont think I would be one to lie about my age though.

Who has lied or lies about their age?

LOL, I always fake my DOB on registrations for forums etc, not because I want to hide my age particularily, but because I won't give that info out to anyone.

In face to face situations I have never lied about my age, nor would I.

I love being the age I am, it is so much more fun that when I was younger actually!!!!

LOL, I always fake my DOB on registrations for forums etc, not because I want to hide my age particularily, but because I won't give that info out to anyone.

In face to face situations I have never lied about my age, nor would I.

I love being the age I am, it is so much more fun that when I was younger actually!!!!

Well you got to be careful online, but I was talking more when you meet people and they ask for your age which I know for most women is taboo... But nothing taboo about it. It is more fun though, I do hate my bdays I wont lie loll

LOL, I remember having a major crisis about getting older when I was 38, truly freaked out, had the full on mid-life crisis thing going down, broke up with my hubby, had a fling with a twenty something Finnish guy, then one day came to my senses and I realised what a total and utter prat I was being.

Age has not always sat peacefully with me, but it does now thankfully :D

Doesn't mean I would not want to have the body of a twentysomething
naughty.gif
*hubba hubba* lol hehehehehehehe but I am quite OK with myself now.

LOL, I remember having a major crisis about getting older when I was 38, truly freaked out, had the full on mid-life crisis thing going down, broke up with my hubby, had a fling with a twenty something Finnish guy, then one day came to my senses and I realised what a total and utter prat I was being.

Age has not always sat peacefully with me, but it does now thankfully :D

Doesn't mean I would not want to have the body of a twentysomething
naughty.gif
*hubba hubba* lol hehehehehehehe but I am quite OK with myself now.
You go with your bad self!! Funny though I'm in the middle of divorcing my husband but no 20 something finish guy lmaooo I used to think that love conquers all but thats not the case at all if the other half doesnt seem to want to compromise and work at the relationship.. meh his loss.

I bet you look better than most in their 20s but honestly with the world of plastic surgery these days its possible :)

You go with your bad self!! Funny though I'm in the middle of divorcing my husband but no 20 something finish guy lmaooo I used to think that love conquers all but thats not the case at all if the other half doesnt seem to want to compromise and work at the relationship.. meh his loss.

I bet you look better than most in their 20s but honestly with the world of plastic surgery these days its possible :)

Well I hope it works out well for you hun :) And for gawd sakes, go find that fling :p lol

haahahahaha.. I could only wish!!

I've always found that getting older is marvellous and the whole discomfort about it is a wicked scam.
Yes I do sometimes think it would be nice to have the full vigour of my 30s body - but oh no I wouldn't pay the price of being young - UGH!

The teen years are just agonising with insecurity, fear, dependency, being exploited, treated as inferior, and usually poverty unless dominated by family help.
The 20s are not a lot better and both terribly lonely, finding one's feet as a person, struggling with the foundations of career, achieving a home, making huge mistakes out of sheer irnorance, trusting the wrong people.
Having a child is fantastic but at whatever age adds huge exhaustion and worry burdens to young or youngisg life stages. For women it normally delays all other successes.
30s pretty good with the basics in place and for most women sex finally starts to come into its owm. Then 40s and 50s a slow improvement and life is now understood at least on its crucial basics.
Some small physical weakening from 40 onward but nothing much unless you have a primary physical life like sports. Contacts and networking get richer, selection of friends wiser, better at handling money and of course sex ust gets better and better!

Since it is only the later 20thC that tells us that being young is so wonderful I wonder why? Historically being young was never considered so great. I suspect that since this recent 40 years has been dominated by corporate society, the youth cult is useful in making older people feel inadequate.
Wherever people are made to feel inadequate, look for the market. It sells massive diets, creams and cosmetics, 'health' regimes, cosmetic surgery, compulsive fashion, distraction 'leisure' packages. A general sense of inadequacy increases sales of almost anything.

Anyway apart from 63 being a bit slowed down physically - I can't work 18 hour days any more without feeling tired dammit - it's grand. Nit sure about falling apart in my 90s but I'll get the most I can out of it when I get there. Meanwhile sex in the 60s is the best yet.

So why lie? Being older is being a successful survivor, a grand solid person. I get so bored with age cowardice.

Agree with quite a lot of that Morgain! Not that I am in your age group hehe, but in my 40's I love my life more now than I have since I was a child (which I also loved).

And who knew that things only got better with age, it is certainly not what is portrayed at all! Of course we might wish to have our looks, bodies and stamina from our younger years, but that is all, I seriously do not miss any of the rest of it!

What annoys me more than anything is the feeling I have wasted so much of my life up until now fruitlessly chasing someone/things ideal of what I should be.. ferk that!

I think we are all dominated by what we "should be" when we are young. Another major reason why being young sucks.
Most of us either do what our parents want - or react against it - same thing. Then there's all the weight of society pressures, and for the last 30 years ruthless advertisingherding our ideas and feelings.

I guess the big consolation about being young is that nature steadily makes it all better!

The "shoulds" that crush us are so cruel and it makes me very angry how the big corps con us into the idea that young is wonderful. The only thing about being young I'd like back is the ability to run without effort (stamina)- and I'm working on that! If I keep up my swims and walks I get much stronger. Just cant neglect body needs like I once did.

People usually think I'm a little younger than what I am. I guess that is partly because I try not to let things bother me much. Stress is a HUGE reason why people go nuts and go gray.

Also, I truly believe that age is just a number. There are some very mature 20 year olds and very immature 40 year olds. So, it doesn't matter the age, it only matters whether someone has the mental ability to let common sense creep into their thinking :)

My age seems to vary about 10 years depending on if i've shaved or not.

Had a shave = 18 years old, asked for ID.
No Shave = 28 years old, people don't look twice about my age.

Thoughts?...

I own my age I think I look damn good for my age... I'll be turning 37 in about 3 months. I dont think I would be one to lie about my age though.

Who has lied or lies about their age?

Are you really a female? I ask because you are the very first woman that I see who does not lie about her own age lol :D

That I don''t care about how old I am is more of a guy type of thing.

SO true Slavik. Trim the facial hair and shave with a hair cut and I can cut 10+ years off. I'll be 50 in 11 months and a couple of weeks. Bring it on baby.

Never lied, never will. Turned 37 last December and I am fine with it.

To be honest I can't wait to get into a midlife crisis. Already saving up for that sports convertible, Harley Davidson and the expenses on my future 22yo girlfriend. Epic times ahead. Bring on the 40s!!!! :p

People usually think I'm a little younger than what I am. I guess that is partly because I try not to let things bother me much. Stress is a HUGE reason why people go nuts and go gray.

Also, I truly believe that age is just a number. There are some very mature 20 year olds and very immature 40 year olds. So, it doesn't matter the age, it only matters whether someone has the mental ability to let common sense creep into their thinking :)

Absolutely cannot agree. I've come across very young people saying age doesnt matter - because they have no idea the changes that age brings. I;ve also seen any number of touchy people from alte 30s to the 50s trying to say it doesn't nmatter. If it really didn't matter they wouldn'tneed to mention it!

Some differences age makes:

Can/ cannot do a whole lot of things legally - drive, drink, vote, have lovers, have children, marry, own property, get a job, get a pension, get own passport, go in pubs, get charged in adult courts.

Can/ cannot do things biologically - have breasts, menstruate, stop menstruating, get pregnant/ be safe from being pregnant/ risk pregnancy/ give birth to a baby, have a miscarriage, breastfeed, grow natural coloured hair/ grow a beard or stubble, have erections several times a night, have tight smooth skin/ have loose bits and wrinkles, grow hair in all kinds of places that signal adulthood, dance all night or walk all day without noticing much, stay up all night without being especially affected the next day, or get blasted without being ill all day next day.

Can/ cannot do through experience and practice over time - get a degree or advanced qualification, hold down a successful job or power position in society which commands respect from most others, walk in a room and command it in seconds, make love for hours without barely moving (Tantra) , comfort the bereaved or shocked with just the right act or word, use power contacts to protect self or significant other person from the Govt or council or big corp, leap across room in one move and knock a dangerous person out in a split second without risking killing them, organise and lead an event for 1,000s of people, organise a luxury dinner party for 100 persons - when you're ill, cope with most of (or all) the people you know being dead and still stay sane and calm.

A whole lot of what we are is shaped by what's up with our bodies, and how long we've had to build up resources.

Top Bottom