Women can't be good soldiers?

who said women couldnt make good soldiers?
a military man once explained to me the reasoning for keeping women off the front line wasnt do to their ability, but rather the effect they would have on their male comrades. it is believed that male soldiers would find the death and maiming of female comrades to be particularly demoralising. their male instinct to protect females would increase the likelihood that they would take unnecessary risks or break orders. it could increase the likelihood and/or the severity of ptsd. the presence of women could also foster sexual competitiveness and create complications and rivalries on the field. then take into account the sorts or things a female pow might find herself subjected to.
the debate isnt so much about 'female rights' as people make it out to be. its about pragmatic decision-making.

Personally I am saddened very deeply that as a supposed evolving species we still have such a terrible need for armies and soldiers, that our people are still so horribly blood thirsty they take 'pride' in their countries military prowess, about who has the biggest bombs or the 'best guns', it's just insanity to my mind, and that women actually 'want' to get blown up and shot to death on a battle field, I just don't understand all this blood lust we still carry in us.

I hope women's day doesn't turn into a pissing contest between them and us guys, what a great sadness that would prove to be.

the debate isnt so much about 'female rights' as people make it out to be. its about pragmatic decision-making.
I tell you one thing. I was in the gym few days ago. Saw a girl doing free-hanging pull-ups. She did 20 times in a proper fashion. I mean no swinging, no props. You should have seen her biceps and abs. Sexy, fit and strong. I would go any time with a girl like her on a reconnoissance mission than a hulk bench-pressing 500 pounds and hanging down like a piece of meat on a bar because he can't do pull-ups.

I tell you one thing. I was in the gym few days ago. Saw a girl doing free-hanging pull-ups. She did 20 times in a proper fashion. I mean no swinging, no props. You should have seen her biceps and abs. Sexy, fit and strong. I would go any time on a reconnoissance mission with a girl like her than a hulk bench-pressing 500 pounds and hanging down like a piece of meat on a bar because they can't do pull-ups.
appearently you didnt bother reading my post.
the very fact that you were admiring how 'sexy and fit' she was is half the issue.
the other half is how you may let that affect you on the field, and how you will be impacted by watching her die or become disfigured.

Personally I am saddened very deeply that as a supposed evolving species we still have such a terrible need for armies and soldiers, that our people are still so horribly blood thirsty they take 'pride' in their countries military prowess, about who has the biggest bombs or the 'best guns', it's just insanity to my mind, and that women actually 'want' to get blown up and shot to death on a battle field, I just don't understand all this blood lust we still carry in us.

One of life's great ironies; to have peace, you need armies.

appearently you didnt bother reading my post.
I've read it.
Nothing wrong with admiring a human body. I like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's physique. Sexy, fit and strong. Would a guy like him affect me, a straight man, on the battle field?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Top Bottom